ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Superleggera'd lowish mk3

Superleggera'd MK3
Ok this is my second thread because I accidentally broke my first one....so gonna sum this one up a bit quicker.

Heres how I bought my car.

IMG_0466_zpsd387c8d3.jpg

Needed a car quickly for a new job I was starting and although the previous owner had chav'd it up, i quite liked the actual shape and saw potential so I chose this.

First thing I did was remove the dump valve he had fitted which sorted out the noise a tad.

Then I did a few easy jobs like de-badging the rear:

IMG_0523_zps83252566.jpg

IMG_0576_zps530e954f.jpg

After this, it was the horrible twin exhaust and tacky black lights that needed changing so I bought some original lights and had the exhaust cut and hidden behind the bumper.

I also took off the bumper strips and sent them to a paint shop to be colour coded and with the english weather being as bad as it is....my car ended up rolling like this for a while....sad times

68491_10152240714105648_1662184781_n_zps8929bc87.jpg

Once all these little bits were done it started to look a little more respectable:

IMG_0672_zps375e4059.jpg

Once I got some money together I went for some new wheels (even though I don't plan to put them on till March time....by which time it will be on coilovers)

Bought these off another lad on here and love them to bits.....plus i don't think there are any mk3's on here with them. 16" Oz Superleggera's in Renault Anthracite

IMG_0679_zps31baadda.jpg

Bit harder over winter and xmas time to buy much stuff with other expensive commitments but what i have managed to do in the past month is:

IMG_0693_zps053ee3ac.jpg

197 Front Grill (which is one of the most effective mods I've come across for the price imo)

Bulbs_zpsbcedce24.jpg

Beam_zps72b95b9a.jpg

Phillips Bluevision Dipped Beam and Sidelight bulbs and Phillips Silvervision indicator bulbs (To remove the fried egg look). The bulbs are a bit whiter than standard, nothing like xenon though. But the field of vision is much better, so worth getting.

4_zps63336945.jpg

1copy_zps55d72109.jpg

While painting the drums black so they are hidden and the callipers silver (previous owner had them blue :/ ) i thought i would just pop one of my new wheels on and got all giddy and excited :) I think it will look smart when on them and lower.

and just today I had these turn up :)

IMG_0724_zpsb7a9e31c.jpg

Thats where I'm currently up to. I plan to get my coilovers in the next month (depending on whether I still have a job), possibly wrap foglight yellow and badges body colour or anthracite but will decide at a later date. Its all about coilovers for now!

Thanks for looking, I will keep it updated.

Kieron

Arctic 182FF
Re: Silver MK3 TCE Progress Thread

I think this will look amazing with the superlegs and coilies on! If I was you I'd do the badges the same colour as the alloys and get some spacers with them too. Also, are you planning on keeping the tints? They're a bit too dark for my personal taste

Superleggera'd MK3

Yeah i dont like them either mate. I swear down i haven't liked one thing the previous owner had done lol they will be coming out once ive got time (and daylight to see what im doing). Been looking at getting some matt anthracite wrap as well but just pricing it up at the moment. I said i wouldnt buy anything now until i get my coilys....all money is going towards that :)

good shout on the spacers, will wait till the wheels are on and its dropped then see how much they need pushing out :)

Arctic 182FF

Ah ok then. I think I'm one of the few people on here who doesn't mind tints, I think light tints look good, but limo tints just shout chav to me personally. Don't blame you for saving your money for coilies, by far the best mod I ever did! Plus then you'll be able to get the superlegs on and looking epic! Will keep an eye to see how this develops :)

Superleggera'd MK3

Thanks man appreciate it. Yeah im the same as you, a really light tint can look good depending on the car colour but limo tints are chav....hence why they were on my car ;) need to find a thread to help me get them off, heard it can be a little difficult, especially the back window because the heat elements are on there

2x Clio mk3 1.5dci

I wouldnt try removing the tints my friend did on the back window and broke every heating eliment but one plus they leave a right sticky mess behind that kind of needs scraping off and its quite hard to do hense breaking the eliments. I dont think they look that bad at all to be honest. This is going to look awesome, i would get wind deflectors and have you thought about the SX spoiler?

Superleggera'd MK3

Yeah mate, was considering get them professionaly removed at the back. Might do the sides myself but will be one of the last things i do.

Definetly gonna get the team heko wind deflectors at somepoint. Not 100% on the sx spoiler as the design leaves a bit of gap between the car and spoiler and not sure if i like it. Would prefer the ktec sprint spoiler but bit pricey atm.

cheers though bud, hopefully it will look smart once its done :)

2007 MK3 Clio

This is coming together REALLY nicely, good work.
Get a set of coilovers for it ;)

Superleggera'd MK3

This is coming together REALLY nicely, good work.
Get a set of coilovers for it ;)

thanks mate, appreciate it! Yeah i have made contact with DT to see if i can get some CS discount on my coilovers :) literally cant wait

Superleggera'd MK3

Umm not sure mate, picked them up off the internet though and they are readily available on most bulb websites :)

Superleggera'd MK3

Just a tiny update until the impending grand update hopefully next weekend. Got this through from a member on here who makes them, really good quality so happy with it :)

IMG_0745_zps36f2dd19.jpg

2007 MK3 Clio

Just a tiny update until the impending grand update hopefully next weekend. Got this through from a member on here who makes them, really good quality so happy with it :)

IMG_0745_zps36f2dd19.jpg

That looks awesome. Want =(

Superleggera'd MK3

Just made a massive purchase for my car.....been wanting them for ages :D

Superleggera'd MK3

I do like people who dechav cars. Great work.

Will be following this thread for sure.

Thanks very much mate, slowly but surely. Tints will be going when i get a clear free day then thats pretty much all the chavyness gone :)

Superleggera'd MK3

Lol one thing at a time :) im not sure what size i will need till i get it sat where i want. Hopefully i wont need bigger than 20mm each side, but will have to see

MK3 1.4 dynamique s

haha;) I'll try and dig out my eibach spacer boxes from the garage in a while and tell you what i've got, think i'm running 20mm all round and its absolutely perfect:)

Superleggera'd MK3

Yeah please mate :) i assume they are the bolt to hub type? How much did they got for a set of 4?

Megane Rs 225

IMG_0745_zps36f2dd19.jpg

hi mate
ohh nice pic. here is one of my knobs
I'm following :)

Superleggera'd MK3

cheers matey :) Are you still selling these gearknobs or have you finished doing it now?

Superleggera'd MK3

Ok so had a quick go at fitting the gear knob tonight. The fitting had its positives and negatives. Firstly, the actual original knob can be a pain to get off so I popped it into 4th gear and got in the back seat of the car with the two front seats pushed forward and pulled backwards with my weight behind it to get it off. The you are left with a white bit of plastic (adaptor) which is glued onto the actual gear stick. This was a pain in the nads to get off and i ended up just snapping it off with a set of vice grips. The metal bolt adaptor for the new gear knob went on easily and 3 allen keys threaded parts tightened it up. The i pulled the gaiter over that bolt and screwed the top of the nob on.......job done.......not quite.

When i tested it (pretending to be a race car driver) by changing into first.....the whole gaiter and plastic surround at the bottom ripped off/unclipped. So basically, the gear knob fits fine, but the gaiter isn't long enough to cover the black bolt (which is slightly unsightly). So options are to try glue the top of the gaiter to the bolt as it just about works when its in that position.....or try and find a longer gaiter?

Any suggestions? Btw, it does make the interior look tons better......will just look better when that bolt is covered though

Megane Rs 225

clio 4 fitted pics. :)
will send you a new apparatus or intermediate shaft hole complete drilling and think you could get better results

dsc07139j.jpg

dsc07140xx.jpg

dsc07137r.jpg

dsc07134d.jpg

Superleggera'd MK3

That would be good thanks mate, do you still have my address?

Superleggera'd MK3

Also, i could just take a hacksaw to the gear stick and shorten it by about 2 inches?

Superleggera'd MK3

So got bored tonight and me and my brother fancied a challenge so tried our hand at vinyl wrapping.....well pleased with the results. Totally changed the outlook of the interior. Will add pics tomoz when its light but these are the ones I took as we were in progress :)

IMG_0753_zps341591fd.jpg

IMG_0751_zps0e5973f2.jpg

IMG_0752_zpsd0c3783b.jpg

Coming together a bit better now, still waiting for my coilovers in the post and have still got to remove the tints and add the number plate which I will attempt on monday as I have a day off!

Superleggera'd MK3

Ok, had quite a productive/successful day with the car. Decided it was about time to tackle the limo tints and put the new plates on....plus give it a wash, was filthy.So got the 2 side window tints out in about 40mins which wasn't too bad and just pulled them out pretty slowly.
Clio1_zps844392f6.jpg
The back was a complete pain in the nads, worse than I actually thought it would be.....turns out patience is incredibly important......as is a steamer.
Clio2_zps74111c24.jpg
Once the tints were out, spent about an hour removing the left over residue and this is the stage I was at.....filthy but tintless :)
Clio3_zpsb261e670.jpg
Then it was time for a wash and after having it into a bush/ditch and a month and half of snow,salt, slush and other cr@p it was pretty bad. Then it looked like this....
Clio4_zpsfaa2564a.jpg
Clio5_zps2af866bf.jpg
Finally.....shiny glass without it being "gangsta black". Much better imo, much cleaner and the last of the previous owners input had been removed.Then stuck my new pressed plates on
Clio7_zps90242708.jpg
Clio6_zpsa6a28d15.jpg
and this is where the exterior is atm....just calling out for the wheels & coilovers to be installed! (in the post currently)
Clio8_zpsa29b3bb5.jpg
Then a few shots of the interior including daylight shot of my anthracite part wrapped interior (centre console will be done at a later date)
Clio9_zpsd854d6f0.jpg
Clio10_zpsb73f9b92.jpg
Clio11_zpsee600a96.jpg
So yeah, pretty happy with that tbh! Next update should include lowssss and new wheels and hopefully the gearstick fixed :)

Dynamique S TCE

Good progress! Will look great with coilovers and wheels, which coilovers have you gone for, and if you dont mind how much did you end up paying for them? Also, what phone holder is that? And where did you get the trim for around your stereo?? The one that came with mine leaves a gap around the edge still, and it looks like youve got another trim to fill that gap.

Superleggera'd MK3

Went for the ap coilovers mate....did some haggling between demon tweeks and lowerks and managed to get them for £469 delivered which aint to bad for them :) the phone holder is an 'OSO U grip EX' pretty decent tbh, really versatile so can

Superleggera'd MK3

Went for the ap coilovers mate....did some haggling between demon tweeks and lowerks and managed to get them for £469 delivered which aint to bad for them :) the phone holder is an 'OSO U grip EX' pretty decent tbh, really versatile so can place it nearly anywhere, plus it looks quite cool.

cant help you on the stereo surround though mate, that was installed before i purchased the car. It definetly is a seperate bit of trim to fit though and it must have come with the head unit as the curves follow the design of it. :)

Btw, fk silverlines are another coilover choice worth having a look at.....good if u wanna go really low :)

Dynamique S TCE

Awesome thanks for the reply.

I think your ride hide is spot on so I don't feel a need to go any lower. AP seem to be highly rated so will probably end up going for those. Just hope my wheels look decent enough with that set up, some how thinking I'll end up getting a set of the canastas.

IMAG0077-1.jpg

Looks like the same size gap that you would have had, but can't seem to find who makes/sells them!

EDIT: Not your ride height, you havn't fitted them yet! I was looking at another thread earlier with APs and their ride height looked perfect.