ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

supercharging a 1.2?

Charged Superleggera
just thinking about it as a technical excercise as ive not heard of anyone do it

You could probably do it cheap with a eaton from mini or merc. Use a decomprestion plate maybe. Hardest thing would be a custom bracket.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
You could probably do it cheap with a eaton from mini or merc. Use a decomprestion plate maybe. Hardest thing would be a custom bracket.

Its still hardly cheap. De-compression plate is a bit ott. Std bottom end will take 7psi.

could be a fun little 1.2 :p

whats with people handing out negatives. if he wants to do it then so be it. i had the same when asking about a 1*2 coversion I wanted to do

As said the reason for no one doing it is because the costs would probably out-weigh the result.

If you can do it for a fair price. Which i doubt? then go for it!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^lol!

Silly question. I'd imagine it would cost over 10k as a development project! You may even hit 100bhp then!

Evo 8 MR
Yeah silly money for little or no improvements, if you want a faster 1.2 get the TCE out of the new clios and twingos?

Charged Superleggera
not planning on doing it but was just an idea. i know it can be done and i know that its not gonna cost 10k but wanted to see what people had to say about it.

^lol!

Silly question. I'd imagine it would cost over 10k as a development project! You may even hit 100bhp then!

how come? a guy did this to his lupo spory only cost him about 2-5k i cant remember with or without labour. If you did the labour yourself why would it cost so much, Im not trying to be clever or anything i just would like to know.

Charged Superleggera
yeh its never going to be worth it but would be a good project. also i dont think it has been done before to a 1.2

White Evo V
some of u guys are f**kin w**kers

Everones entitle to their own opinions! Nobody is being arsey, people are just trying to save someone alot of time, effort and money and handing over their opinion on the matter!

Theres millions of threads like this and in the end the thread starter usually always sees sense!

There is really is no sense in supercharging a 1.2. Its a hell of a lot of work for not alot of power!

And personaly I dont think a supercharged 1.2 would be cool? I think you would get laughed at and it would be extremly unreliable! But hey thats just my opinion, if you wanna do it, go for it pal?????

LY 182
good idea imo do it

reckon to do it properly (depending on if the 1.2 ecu can be mapped to read positive pressure) you could do it under a grand with the right know how. using a mini supercharger theres not an awful lot of work in it tbh

a rotrex supercharger for the conversion on mine has just cost apprrox 1700 thats without any other bits and bobs and labour

Charged Superleggera
can get mini superchargers for very cheap these days. its tempting but at the moment would rather spend the money on something else.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Not being funny but it is possible to get over 180bhp with a blown 1.2. Ive been tuning/rebuilding mini engines for a few years now and 200+bhp from an 8 valve 1293cc 50+year old A seires is not uncommon. Most of the lads running around with the Eaton M45 blower are running either 1275cc or 1293cc with decompression plates and knock out around 150bhp at a modderate boost levels. Im currently building a 1460cc 16v turbo engine that will (touch wood) be around 320bhp so in certain circumstances engine capacity isnt always important........unfortunatly, when this is the case, big wedges of cash usually is important.

I agree with most here, its pretty pointless to do when so many other engines are available that will give you good power....but if its more of a play thing then i say do it!!

LMAO at people who say its a piece of piss. No matter how good you are, its always tricky to get the bracketry and pullies lining up perfectly. Its probably a hell of alot easier to turbo a car than supercharge.

Clio 1.2 mark 1
you can make 1.2's fast mate

on saxperience some people have turbo'ed 1.1 106's and Saxo's are they are much faster than the 1.6 8 valve VTR's(0-60 in 9.9) and not much slower than a 1.6 VTS 16 valve (does 0-60 in 7.6)

although in terms in fuel consumption and reliability your unlikely to have a good time

Ph1
you can make 1.2's fast mate

on saxperience some people have turbo'ed 1.1 106's and Saxo's are they are much faster than the 1.6 8 valve VTR's(0-60 in 9.9) and not much slower than a 1.6 VTS 16 valve (does 0-60 in 7.6)

although in terms in fuel consumption and reliability your unlikely to have a good time

Yeah but, theyve modded a 1.2 to nearly the level of a car they could have bought for the same price as trade in + conversion costs and lost time and effort to boot. Its just completly pointless other than a personal goal thing.

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Charging a 1.2 seems like fun, but this thread is more than likely pie in the sky, I doubt there is a budget available to waste on this project. Pipe dreams, but nice idea.