ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged BG +++++

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Kangoosport
Im loving this, great effort, real result in the end with the new engine..

Thanks mate, deffo got a touch in getting the new engine, have you picked up your Trophy yet.

Not yet mate, but Id love do charge it up once Ive got to grips with it... No knowhow unfortunately

The supercharger kit is very easy to fit mate, if you can do a aux belt change, you can fit a supercharger.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
The supercharger kit is very easy to fit mate, if you can do a aux belt change, you can fit a supercharger.

Wouldnt know where to start with that either, I should just leave it to the experts and wait for one to be sold, let me know if you get fed up with yours ;)
Doubt Id do anything to the Trophy tbh, maybe the van if it doesnt sell..

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Fitted a Mocal oil catch tank yesterday, I haven't got a lot of room under the bonnet now so the normal places people fit them was out. Managed to get it under the inlet pipe, used the old bracket for the old air box and also got a fixing for the other side in the bottom battery bracket, really pleased with how it looks

Catchtankbonnet005_zps35577e88.jpg

Catchtankbonnet007_zps9da11a58.jpg

Catchtankbonnet008_zps565c94f6.jpg

Put the breather over by the left front light

Catchtankbonnet006_zps4506ef13.jpg

I have had a dent in my bonnet for ages now, right in the middle at the front, so a right pig to get out. The bonnet is also covered in stone chips (as is the front bumper) so I got a price to have the bonnet repaired and have the bumper painted as well. Was going to get it booked in when I came across a brand new carbon bonnet for sale, the guy wanted to much money for it at first, but managed to get for a price I was happy with considering I was going to have mine repaired away.

Went and picked it up on Saturday morning and fitted it as soon as I got back, as it was new and never been fitted I had to drill all the holes for washer jets, bonnet stay ect. Tool a couple of hours and was pretty easy really. Really very happy with how it looks, it doesn't line up perfect but its not bad and I am very fussy.

Just need to get the front and rear bumpers painted and sort out my carbon washer blanks, fog surrounds and splitter which I will do myself and the car will be ready for CSS :)
Catchtankbonnet010_zps820f7276.gif

Catchtankbonnet003_zps217cd936.jpg

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
EPIC mate, f@#$&n love this motor... Didnt even seem like you were trying too hard on track and passes for fun.. What power is it running atm.. Hopefully have something like this soon..

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
EPIC mate, f@#$&n love this motor... Didnt even seem like you were trying too hard on track and passes for fun.. What power is it running atm.. Hopefully have something like this soon..

Thanks mate, power is around 250 bhp/ 240 ft/lbs going to a independent RR next month so will be interesting to see what it makes.

Ordered a few more bits today, a set of mist washer jets, some DS2500 pads and Motul RBF brake fulid. I have been using Mintex 1155's but they are twice the price of ds 2500 and I don't think they are as good.

Going to get a rear carbon bumper insert from Chris on here, and that will be all the carbon done.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Thanks, Yeah my mate who helps me with a lot of the mechanical stuff on the car refused to do it lol, he knows I'm a fussy bugger.

HBT 172 Cup
Looks awsome!! :) Just FYI, you can do away with the oil breather filter altogther, the cap on the Mocal tank is completely breathable.

Countryman JCW
Looks great, but considering you've got the engine bay looking so pristine I'd have to get a new coolant bottle put in there!

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
I really like your dash finish.

Thanks mate

Looks awsome!! :) Just FYI, you can do away with the oil breather filter altogther, the cap on the Mocal tank is completely breathable.

Thanks mate, I thought it was, will probably keep the filter on at the moment, as I will need to get a blanking cap.

Loving the stealthy look, its looking really good mate :cool:

Thanks mate

Haven't seen this one before, what a lovely car mate!

Thanks

Looks great, but considering you've got the engine bay looking so pristine I'd have to get a new coolant bottle put in there!

Thanks mate, its on the list.

Unreal. Want.

Thanks

Sorted out my carbon washer blanks, splitter and fog surrounds at the weekend, they were badly stone chipped, got the old lacquer off and rubbed it all down and put some new lacquer on, was a bit of a pain because fogs and blanks are bonded on so had to mask up most of the bumper. Look much better now, just need a bit of polishing.

carbonrefurb002_zpsead0bfac.jpg

carbonrefurb001_zps542b5c00.jpg

Took a couple of pics with the bumper off

carbonrefurb003_zpseaa599f4.jpg

carbonrefurb004_zps88ef0ee7.jpg

Also had a bit of a mess about with the carbon bonnet as it wasn't sitting quite right, still not perfect but it is better now.

fluidpads003_zpsb8b4afd4.gif

fluidpads002_zpsb6d4ff74.gif

New pads and brake fluid has turned up so need to fit pads and change the fluid.

fluidpads001_zpsf3822953.gif

I have been getting some prices for going forged, will probably get all the parts together over the next few months and then buy a dona engine to rebuild.

2007 MK3 Clio
This is beautiful, love the engine bay, looks so means!
Fairplay mate, wish I had the money to do something like this =(!
Health to enjoy =)!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Such an awesome car. Want my 1.2 to look that mean and stealth at the front. Need to get a sport bumper on mine!

RB Clio 182
One of my favourite cars on here mate, i would love to spend that much on mine :)

I bet that thing flies :)

​Lovely car ;)

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Awesome build man, sounds great and looks excellent. Well done :)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
This is beautiful, love the engine bay, looks so means!
Fairplay mate, wish I had the money to do something like this =(!
Health to enjoy =)!

Looking as good as ever mate :cool:

Such an awesome car. Want my 1.2 to look that mean and stealth at the front. Need to get a sport bumper on mine!

It's a shame they have to be bonded on tbh. Does look Schweeet though Dom :)

Just gets better n better mate. . Real credit to you

incredible!

One of my favourite cars on here mate, i would love to spend that much on mine :)

I bet that thing flies :)

​Lovely car ;)

Awesome build man, sounds great and looks excellent. Well done :)

Ahhhh i want this car so much!!

Sell it to me please... now!

Thanks lads

Had another mess about with my bonnet last night, managed to get the bonnet a bit further forward but when I closed it, it got stuck and wouldn't open. After a couple of phone calls to a couple of mates to give me a hand we got the bonnet open and realised that the reason the bonnet wasn't closing flush was because the middle section that goes down from the slam panel to the front beam had came out of the two bolts that hold it in the right position, so just need to tighten them up and it should sit much better.