ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SUPERCHARGED Alien Green 200 - PROGRESS TO DATE

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
If you can find someone local with CLiP it's a 5 minute job to disable all of them. Much better than using a resistor. Bit naff that TBH on what's such a minty mint car.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I do like that colour a lot!:cool:

What's the rally corsa like?
Just for you :smile:

IMG_5918.JPG
IMG_5919.JPG
IMG_5920.JPG

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Well nothing exciting happening today, so I stripped the dash, unplugged the passengers airbag and reset the light. Not wanting to take any chances on track with an accidental activation 🙈.....

Also picked up a pair of these as I'd heard they are becoming hard to get, set I'm as well having a spare set as not!

IMG_5968.JPG

Anyway, just lap timer and camera to fit before next Sunday's track day and of course another wash n polish :grin:

Let's hope the weathers like today next week!

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Where did you hear that?

Megane uses the same items so ifs its true ill grab a couple off my supplier before they disappear LOL

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Where did you hear that?

Megane uses the same items so ifs its true ill grab a couple off my supplier before they disappear LOL

They are flying out the door like hot cakes. Got a pair for £80 :up:

IMG_0642.JPG

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
@MarcR™

Have you got a link for them at £80 mate?

Nope, I got them cheap at cost price and the supplier is now fully out of stock.
Im sure the RRP from the UK supplier is around £79.99 and ROFAG from eBay are around £69

I got my two for £32 each and I managed to get @cpaterson76 another two at £40 each.
I can still get 2 for under £100 for the pair but as I say they are no longer listed as out of stock

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I assume that's for direct oem replacement ones then?

Clio cup and Megane N4 has an uprated version which I use. I hope they arn't ended production of them as well

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I assume that's for direct oem replacement ones then?

Clio cup and Megane N4 has an uprated version which I use. I hope they arn't ended production of them as well
I believe that these are the factory fit for all 197 / 200 cup or not. Assuming by the updated ones, you are meaning the cup racer parts? OCAP seemingly make these for Renault, so I would say original / OEM.

I'm sure all parts are available, but seem that they come with a 2 to 3 week lead period and much higher costs. So with track season about to start it's worth having a few in the parts cupboard :up:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
So spent today getting the last few things done before next Sunday's track day. Who would have thought that finding a place to fit the lap timer was so hard to do! Biggest issue was that the oil pressure and temp gauges, in the custom pod, sit where the clock used to! this was the key place for it in the Trophy as a quick glance meant that you weren't taking your eyes off the track! Only place that could have been an option on the 200, due to the shape of the dash was either low in the cup holder area, or in the speedo cluster. Neither of these were options as to look would mean taking your eyes off the road for too long down low and I'd be obscuring some red lights on the dash at the speedo end!!

Then I had an idea!! I'll let you know if it's good or bad after the first outing or not 🙈

I put a wide angle mirror in the Trophy, but took it off after half a session as you can see yourself in the mirror! it was good to see the blind spots for manoeuvring in pit lane and the paddock, but it was just too off putting when driving for me, so......

IMG_5971.JPG
IMG_5973.JPG
IMG_5972.JPG

So I have full vision in the mirror, lap times at eye level and blind spots (rear quarters) are still very clear and no view of the driver in the mirror......... All great in theory!!

Secured with a Velcro disc on the back and a verclor cable wrap for extra security :up:

Also spent a bit of time routing the wiring so I can have the beacon sensor on either side now, so a quick two minutes and it's on either side for normal or reverse days :grin:

IMG_5975.JPG
IMG_5977.JPG
IMG_5978.JPG

I'm liking these Velcro loop tie wraps as they are reusable, and subtle, but very effective.....

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Final track prep.......

IMG_6108.JPG
IMG_6109.JPG

I'm sure that's worth a second a lap 🙈

Oh and added an RS grille badge to the front as I thought it needed brightening up

IMG_6121.JPG

Fingers crossed the dry weather holds out for tomorrow :stig:

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Looks awesome. Same trailer as mine.

Almost identical, mine hasn't got the wheel rack... yet :tongueout:
Have you got the rear leg supports on yours?

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Looks awesome. Same trailer as mine.

Almost identical, mine hasn't got the wheel rack... yet :tongueout:
Have you got the rear leg supports on yours?
Hi Dan, yes....

I also have the winch, 8ft extended ramps, rear legs, fuel box and the moveable chocks.... can't fault it, that's 2 years now and it's been brilliant! 2 of the mates have just bought them.... I made the wheel rack as I wouldn't pay the Brian James price for it lol. Copied their design and it works a treat :up:

Great trailer all round :smile:

IMG_6096.JPG

Even tried the daily on it today and if I took the fuel box off it would fit no bother at all.....

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Very smart!

Mines got the extra long ramps, moveable wheel chocks, 4 grip pads for slicks and winch.

I've got the same fuel can box and rear legs but need to fit them. Need to figure out how they attach as they've come with no instructions haha.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Very smart!

Mines got the extra long ramps, moveable wheel chocks, 4 grip pads for slicks and winch.

I've got the same fuel can box and rear legs but need to fit them. Need to figure out how they attach as they've come with no instructions haha.
Yeah they take a little figuring out.... box is straight forward enough, rear legs - just remember not all the bolts are to be tightened (sounds daft but you'll figure it out):up:

I need to get a set of the front bump stops, couldn't use them with the trophy as it was too low, but the 200 sits higher...... my mate also got the Brian james wheel straps with his, which are still not worth the money, but I like them better than the straps I use....

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Quick post to gauge interest in these before I put them up in for sale section, just in case anyone knows anyone.... as you would expect they are mint. Harnesses stay with me :smile:

Corbeau Clubsport, with sliders and mounts in standard size..... i believe in massive back order?

IMG_6163.JPG
IMG_6164.JPG
IMG_6165.JPG
IMG_6166.JPG

Just in the middle of finding something a little more track focussed 🙈 then I'll get them in the proper section

Would be collection only or meet

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Quick post to gauge interest in these before I put them up in for sale section, just in case anyone knows anyone.... as you would expect they are mint. Harnesses stay with me :smile:

Corbeau Clubsport, with sliders and mounts in standard size..... i believe in massive back order?

View attachment 184426 View attachment 184427 View attachment 184428 View attachment 184430

Just in the middle of finding something a little more track focussed 🙈 then I'll get them in the proper section

Would be collection only or meet
Well that didn't take long seats sold......:smile:

I better order the new ones now:monkey:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Off on holiday this week and absolutely choked with the cold, but cheered up a litttle when the deliveries started arriving.....
IMG_6232.JPG

Club sports are out and away to their new owner, whilst I did like the look, they just were not what I'm used toforbtrck driving......

These will give mixed views, but as it will be track based, I need something that holds up in place!
IMG_6247.JPG

Along with this..... just for added safety
IMG_6246.JPG

I will be retaining the carpets, as I do like the half / half look, although the amp etc has been removed to make way for the extinguisher system, but again I will retain the stereo just to have a little creature comforts :grimacing:

So amp out, ready for rebuild tomorrow or by the weekend!
IMG_6249.JPG
IMG_6251.JPG

Didn't actually realise that these were worth so much cash new! (so if anyone's interested in this and the wiring let me know - JL AUDIO 360/4 :up:)

Also replaced the KNOCK and MAP/MAF sensors today, just for piece of mind!

More to follow.......

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
A little more of an update following today's progress....

Made a start on installing the lifeline fire extinguisher system, well pretty much installed, until I get the stereo blanking plate delivered! Had to sacrifice the stereo, as suitable dash space on a 200 is hard to find and everything will fit nicely into that space as it did on the Trophy :up: Also I don't like destroying main dash panels.

Took forever as it needed to be discreet in this one, as whilst it looked great having the pipe work on display in the Trophy, this has to be accessible but hidden. Not 100% MSA compliant, but it's more for my piece of mind and certainly can be made compliant in 5 minutes :smile:

IMG_6270.JPG
IMG_6271.JPG

IMG_6273.JPG
IMG_6274.JPG

IMG_6277.JPG

IMG_6280.JPG

IMG_6282.JPG

Fabricated a little bracket, buffed it all up and gave it 3 coats of satin black, to point the underbonnet nozzle into the injectors, may relocate this to cover more of the engine bay, but this is probably the biggest risk point under their! Space is just very tight under the bonnet and a point that covers all just isn't that easy to find! Was better in the Trophy as the top inlet wasn't needed and helped distribute easier.

Will get the stickers on once I get the stereo plate and install finished. All wires have been continuity tested, after squeezing them through the bulkhead, and all good :blush: so just the internal switch to wire in, in the same fashion as the external one, and plug in the control box.

If it ever comes out, 2 rubber grommets and you'd never know it had been in :up:

...... more to follow

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Oh and the new seats are in!

IMG_6257.JPG

I'm possibly going to heighten them slightly.... set them at the same height as the corbeau ones, but feel this is just too low. Whilst I understand the lower centre of gravity requirement, seeing over the steering wheel I would say is just as important. I'm 6'1" and struggling as the dash height in the 200 is just way higher than the old car!

Also re set all the harnesses as the way they were set before just didn't work... all good now and tidied up :up:

.... more to follow

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
That's my theory.... struggled with it last weekend, well that, the rain, the new car, and the check ignition warning 🙈

Hoping next outing will be a better one :up:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Extinguisher install now complete and kinda discreet..... MSA would like the activation box on display, but as noted it's a 5 minute alteration and I like it hidden, knowing that it's operational. Securely fixed inside the glove box regardless :up:

IMG_6357.JPG
IMG_6358.JPG
IMG_6375.JPG

Have organised a set of rainsports to go on the existing wheels and have a new set of Matt black ultralagerras coming with R888Rs on, so hopefully these willl arrive in a week or so and I'm ready for the 24 May track night :smile:

More to follow.....

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Had a slight re think in the Lap timer location....!

Whilst I didn't mind it on the mirror, the mirror itself was the issue! Just couldn't get to grips with how it distorts the distances. Anyway, a quick flip over on the stereo blanking plate and the lap timer fits perfectly... I'll work on the cable routing, but for now it's out the way of the gear stick....

IMG_6411.JPG

IMG_6413.JPG