ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged 700bhp R8 vs supercars

TTRS & V50
Don't usually re-post supercar YouTube videos as there are so many.

However this is quite interesting, 700bhp manual R8 vs lots of auto supercars.

For those that don't know the owner worked for the car and was not left money. As I'm sure it will come up.

I'm subscribed to him and he does regular vlogs. He's only just done this conversion and also has just turbo'd his GT86 and has an M235i.

I'd be slightly disappointed having spent so much money only to be beaten to 100+mph by most other supercars. But then again 99% of the time your not racing cars like that and this must be awesome on the road.

Genuinely thought that was a SC'd V8. Slightly surprised the V10 put up so little fight against some of the other cars. Certainly didn't look like 700bhp!
And hats off to the guy etc etc, little more tuition and practise at launching and he should do very well.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Gear changes are where he gets let down compared to the others. Anyone who can do decent gear changes with that gear box is a god.

Fair play to him, looked like he had a lot of fun.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It was a good video, guys actually came across really well. Didn't look as quick as I thought an SC'd V10 would be but cool none the less.

Cheers for posting mate. Guy does look rather young!

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Cant watch the video as youtube is blocked at work :(
Will agree with Leeds_182 the clunk on the open gate change use to do my head in , specially when just driving about town.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Yip use to have a V8 manual, was a nice car but lacked excitement in a way. I think the V10 would be a different ball game, as it would then have the power to match the chassis.

P1040169.jpg

P1040081.jpg

TTRS & V50
I have to admit after watching a lot of his videos the manual shift looks a little awkward.

Then again, I've never driven one so what do I know.

I have to admit after watching a lot of his videos the manual shift looks a little awkward.

Then again, I've never driven one so what do I know.
They're not awkward, but are nothing like the ease of the new S Tronic system in the Plus. The old R Tronic was f**king abysmal.

Snotter's
Pair of geeks, to be fair to them the manual box can catch you out when trying to change quick. A shame they didn't get to run against the 991 turbo s