ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunroofs

I was just wondering if any one here has had problems with sunroof on MK1 models? i had nothing but problem with minesince buying it, basically when it rains it leaks really back and has caused my central locking to mess up. just wondering if anyone has had the same prob

My sunroof pisses all over me !! Pain in the arse !! Ive siliconed up the sunroof to car seal but it still leaks so it must be the other seal !!

hahahahaha

I ahve one, no probs atall with it

Mine is manual, dunno if that has anything to do with it

Car is 9 years old, dont use it much tbh, only when its really really hot

I took the glass out, got some OrangeGlow degreaser and some cotton buds and got all the muck out of the seals. Left it a while after giving them a good clean and they naturally get a bit more "life" in them. Just gave it a once over today.

My problem is its quite noisy when travelling at speed, the only way round it is to have the handle half open, which oddly keeps the sunroof twice as tight!

Any others ideas on how to reduce noise... And I wouldnt advise anyone to seal them up, think about how youd feel if you wanted to buy the car and someone had siliconed it. :cry:

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

sealing them with silocone is a bad idea.they leak again eventually and its a right pain to remove it so you can seal it again.get a new frame seal from renault.the new seals are a lot thicker and seal a lot better.seal your aerial base before doing the sunroof and clean/grease the sunroof glass seal.

not really a help, but the brand new 1.2 clio i was loaned while my car was at the dealers had the loudest knock from the sunroof i have ever heard - it was truly shocking that a new car was that bad!!!! to get my 172 bad was a godsend as the overall rattles are minimal compared to the 1.2!!

Youd have thought that, having had problems with it since the Mk1 version, theyd have sorted the sunroof problems out by now!!

Stupid french-built cars... ;)