ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunroof leak next to drain pipe

Clio 2.0 182
Hi All..

My MK2 sunroof is leaking (electric ) its leaking around the drain pipe for the sunroof but not leaking from the drain pipe, i have tried putting silicone around it but it hasn't worked. the water is running down the A pillar and then into the drivers footwell,

anyone any ideas on a fix?

Thanks.

clio dci , ren8
It will be leaking in between the sun roof and the roof then running down common clio problem ,needs taking out ,cleaning and sealing .

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Firsty, check the drains are actually draining (front wheel arch liners out and make sure the silly end flap isn't silted up and that water is flowing from them when poured over the roof) as when this happens the drain backs up and defeats the framework causing it to fall on you and the floor. Secondly, if the drains are okay (and you have physically confirmed this by removing the arch liners and witnessed water flowing, not dripping, from both drains) you will have to fully remove the frame from the roof and clean both mating faces of old seal and then replace and reseal. I personally use a windscreen mastic sealant when I do this for customers but some have used silicone with success.

Expect to pay a garage around £100-120 to do this for you.

Mick