ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sump Plug washer

Evo 6, E92 320d
Yep, i got one from halfords and it was fine. I think they are cheaper at renault though:eek:

421 Cammed 172
Washer wise is more like 14-16mm or something around that size I think.

I was given the wrong size by GSF and had to re-use my old one. Hasn't leaked however.

Volvo S60 T5
wrong washer as the Renaults with alloy sumps need the washer with the rubber seal, but if its not leaking I might be able to get rid of the shed load of washers I have just like that one.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
alloy sumps dont tend leak if u reuse the old metal/rubber washer, its the copper washers on tin/metal sumps that will leak.

ITB'd MK1
wrong washer as the Renaults with alloy sumps need the washer with the rubber seal, but if its not leaking I might be able to get rid of the shed load of washers I have just like that one.

used copper crush washers a few times and it's never been an issue.

Never had any sump plug washer leak at all actually

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
yea they could, but what would be the point in putting the wrong washer on??

421 Cammed 172
Mine had a copper crush washer on and that's also what i was given by GSF.

My current copper crush one doesn't leak.

That looks totally different to the sump plug washer i got from Renault recently.

Although you will prob be fine usoing it.

It looks like the one i got for my gearbox sump plug when went to change my gearbox oil (pictured on the right)

IMG_0657.jpg