ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suddenly getting much larger monthly bills...!?

Swift Sport
As like many people I tend to let my monthly mobile phone bill get debited from my account without checking it, especially as I've never had any issues in the past. However, just lately my phone bills have been much higher (50%) as I'm apparently exceeding my monthly 1 gig of data allowance. I do use my phone quite a lot but it's only recently I've noticed such high monthly bills so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas why this might be, and what I could do to reduce my usage other than the obvious "use your phone less"... I'm a technology noob so I'm probably leaving something running that doesn't need to be!

Ph1 172 (titanium)
I'm going to hazard a guess at you having an iPhone. If this is the case. Download an app called onavo. This compresses the amount of data you use.
It helps a little!
Other than that. Close minimised applications, turn of more notifications
Seems to have worked for me
Hope this helps chap

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Use Wifi more if available.

Other than that, up your FB or Twitter sync time if thats possible. Mine only refreshes news feeds once an hr now instead of every 15 minutes. This does not effect notifications either.

Clio MK3 DCI
mifi dongle is a good call. I have one for my iPad and laptop. I would use wifi as much as possible and also switch off things like getting email constantly. I always set mine to manual. I would also look at things like find my phone. These are usually reporting back constantly.