ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile phone contract time S10 - PAC help / dilemma?

Mk1
Hi all,

That time of year again!

Looking for deals on a Samsung S10 128GB with 30GB+ data.

I've been with three for over 6 years now with no complaints, so naturally see what they can offer..

Directly, they want £1213 over 2 years for the S10, unlimited everything, abroad use etc etc. This includes their upfront fee of £79 and basically works out to £50.54 a month (24 months)

Now, if you go onto 'Uswitch' three have a promotion on where they do same phone, same length (24 months)

100GB data, unlimited everything else

For just £38 a month, £49 upfront cost.

This works out to just £961 for 2 years which is a very good deal IMO as the phone nearly costs that much new anyway! £250+ saving over the three direct deal.

I'd happily take that out.

Now the problems start... because I'm an existing customer they won't match the deal, and say I'd have to cancel and start again with a new number. (How's that for loyalty? [emoji23])

I don't really want a new number tbh.

Can I end my phone, and get a pay as you go SIM with someone like giffgaff? Then get my PAC code from them and start the fresh deal back with Three?

Total nightmare haha. Or can I get a PAC from three when I end it, and go back to them with it? Bit out of touch with this stuff......

Cheers all for any help!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mk1
Please ignore me or delete this, I'm a certified r****d.

They couldn't match it and I couldn't be fucked with any agg so just paid about £100 more direct with three over the 2 years

Meh!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
From memory you usually need to switch provider with the PAC, if you try and stay with the provider and PAC to a new contract they either can't do it or f**k it up.

I usually go to Giff Gaff for a few months, enjoy paying f**k-all for the plan then switch back to a pay-monthly deal when a nice phone comes out.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
You should of asked to cancel got put through to retention department not the every day sales muppets and they would of matched the deal on uswitch "must haggle harder" ?

Mk1
You should of asked to cancel got put through to retention department not the every day sales muppets and they would of matched the deal on uswitch "must haggle harder" [emoji6]
I did exactly that, the nice enough Indian call centre wasnt having any of it, though. Wasted 30 mins of my life!

Customer services still wouldn't match it online but did offer me a fairly good deal, £100 more in the long run but saves me any cocking about I think. [emoji106]

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I did it once but it took to weeks to swap from the new PAYG sim back to the contract one.

Mk1
I decided to haggle a bit further when they just phoned me back expecting me to oblige, BOOOOM. It took a fairly long time, but I managed to get them to match it and assured it was a '1 off' :ROFLMAO:

Which to be fair, they can't have been too happy about. £961 over 2 years for new S10, 100GB, unlimited everything else plus abroad use = averages to £40 a month.

The phone to buy alone at £799 works out to over £33 a month, just for the damn thing!

Plus with my bank account I get 3% off phone contract bills - so actually only £932... just call me Martin Lewis..(y) Bargain