ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut top rubber - angled funny?

Peugeot 308
So whilst attempting to fix another problem I noticed one of my strut tops look rather on the piss compared to the other side...!?

Here's a picture to explain.

c98b4c5b.jpg

172 with k-tec sound
cant tell from the pic where you are parked, if your on the flat then there is something wrong, depends on the surface you are parked on, when im parked down my street it slopes, so one side looks like your pic and the other is normal.

Peugeot 308
That's on a flat surface.

If I turn the wheels from lock to lock it flattens out but still has about 1cm gap all round from the suspension turret itself...

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Unless you have got non-standard struts fitted that top mount is not on tight enough. There should be about five or six threads visible.

They will move around dude, but as said before, make sure they are tight.

Whatever you do though, don't tighten the sh1t out of them, that part you can see only screws tight with a top hat section and can go no further.

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
Mine is no THAT loose but it does move a bit when turning the steering...most Renault techs say that is normal...but yours look a bit more loose than usual...