ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripped 172 Turbo

Stage 2 172 Turbo
Thanks everyone:D
New pump should be here Thursday so hopefully it will be back up and running next week. Whilst the car is off the road it has also given me a chance to fit the 4 pots and re-adjust the coilovers, Was sitting too low at the front but all sorted now. Next is a front end respray and possibly a carbon bonnet:cool:

Gonna try and get an hour or so on the car tomorrow to get the pump off as I needed some more tools from work first. More piccy's to follow

Chris

02 clio 172
Wat an awsome thread mate, looks spot on!! Hope the car goes well for you and doesn't give you to many teething problems after your efforts! I'm also liking that corsa LET, looks a nice clean conversion

Megane I 2,0 16v
Coming along nicely! Will be good to see it finished.

The oil return on the F4R-774 in the Megane is in a very similar place so I guess they were thinking the same thing at some point :evil:.
All the F blocks look like this. for example my old R5 with F3N from -88

Clio 172 cup
looks mint matey how much did it all cost then, i might turn mine into a track **** when my mrs gets her own car

An inspirational thread, wish i had the knowledge how to do it myself!

I know a fair bit about cars, but where did you learn how to do all this? Books, courses or something else? I'm really interested in learning so i could do something similar

Thanks in advance :)

Stage 2 172 Turbo
No updates i'm afraid, as Triki said she is still off the road as I just haven't got the time to work on it at the moment. Will get it sorted soon i'm sure then put her up for sale due to lack of use/time:dapprove:.

I was a master technician at Mercedes-Benz for over 9 years so have a pretty good knowlege of cars/engines etc!! was straight forward enough really.

I don't really want to post how much it owes me, don't want this post turning into 'you should have bought this car or that car etc'. I know I could have got a quick car out the box but thats not what this is all about. If and when I sell, I will disclose the total and any bills I have to the buyer.
I hope you all understand:approve:

Cheers
Chris

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
No updates i'm afraid, as Triki said she is still off the road as I just haven't got the time to work on it at the moment. Will get it sorted soon i'm sure then put her up for sale due to lack of use/time:dapprove:.

I was a master technician at Mercedes-Benz for over 9 years so have a pretty good knowlege of cars/engines etc!! was straight forward enough really.

I don't really want to post how much it owes me, don't want this post turning into 'you should have bought this car or that car etc'. I know I could have got a quick car out the box but thats not what this is all about. If and when I sell, I will disclose the total and any bills I have to the buyer.
I hope you all understand:approve:

Cheers
Chris

Shame your going to sell it mate. Mines still going strong its great fun but you have to have the time to keep on top of it.

Stage 2 172 Turbo
Literally just come in from finally getting it running again:approve:, rain has stopped play at the moment but just need to put the front bumper back on and take her out for the first time in 8 weeks!! Did lose interest for a while which is why I haven't updated anything but think I will fall in love again when we drive her later.
Will get some more pics up soon with the new brakes

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Just spent about 3 hours, reading this one thread, and it is bloody fantastic, Great work mate!!

Any update?

Cant wait to see a vid :)

Stage 2 172 Turbo
Any news lol!

Nothing at the moment, would you believe I'm still running it in and only done 700 miles since April. Will put some video up as soon as I have her remapped and can use full throttle otherwise its a bit pointless as its only about 230bhp at the moment.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
i can't believe i haven't seen this thread before, what a awesome car !!!!!! I can't wait to see the vids. Well done mate

Stage 2 172 Turbo
Can't beleive it's been so long since I updated this:eek:. As I said, fitted the Compbrake's back in the summer while it was off the road to fit the PAS pump but just realised there are no pics on here.
Not the best pictures but you get the idea!

0022.jpg

0032.jpg

Here's a couple of quick one's just before I took her a drive for the first time in 5 weeks

0012.jpg

Not sure why the wing looks a different colour in this one, It's not :S

004.jpg

006-1.jpg

0072.jpg

Cheers

Chris