ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stri Shift indicator

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
My mate is breaking his car and said he will sell me his Stri shift light for £35 which is good :)

Just wondering what peoples opinions are on these?

I think they are pretty cool, not sure that they will benefit my driving much as i never hit the limiter anyway. But for £35 i cant complain!

http://www.stri-racing.com/shift-light.html

clio sold :(
Had one of these on my first car not idea how it worked you just wired it up and put a box as close to the enginebay as possible then you could ajust the flash point for the rpm and it worked and flashed just before the redline everytime.
Fun for about a week then the rest of the time it was unused. And got coments like are you some sort of idiot not knowing when to shift...

Clio 182
Already has a shift light in standard form. Gear lever icon comes up on the bottom right of the dash.

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
I know they already have one... i just think these look pretty cool, its only £35 remember.
My mates own a jap tuning shop (Tuning Developments) and they seem to sell quite a lot of them.

Im not sure what car you had as you first car but most people have 1.1 / 1.2s etc. It would seem stupid having one on something like that lol

Ive seen that light come on when i turn the ignition on does that flash then wht its at high rpm? I have a 172

I know they already have one... i just think these look pretty cool, its only £35 remember.
My mates own a jap tuning shop (Tuning Developments) and they seem to sell quite a lot of them.

Im not sure what car you had as you first car but most people have 1.1 / 1.2s etc. It would seem stupid having one on something like that lol

Yes it wad a very slow car im not going to say how slow but i got it for only £5 was a laugh for a week

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
Ive seen that light come on when i turn the ignition on does that flash then wht its at high rpm? I have a 172

On mine it comes on at about 7100 rpm / 7200 rpm in 1st 2nd and 3rd then 7000 rpm in 4th and 5th :)

I thought it would be a gearbox light for if there is any issues. Will have to give it some beans and keep an eye out

Just tried it! It works but by the time you look down at the light i was in the limiter!

I suppose if you were into drag racing. And were a bit s**t. Then it might be quite useful.

I suspect it'd annoy me and I'd be vaguely embarrassed explaining it to people but for that kind of money you can't complain I guess.

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
I suppose if you were into drag racing. And were a bit s**t. Then it might be quite useful.

I suspect it'd annoy me and I'd be vaguely embarrassed explaining it to people but for that kind of money you can't complain I guess.

Yeah, my mate seemed to like it when he had it in. tbh it is pretty pointless unless you have no idea how to change gear.
I think im gonna give it a go, just because i like the look of it.
I rarely give anyone lifts anyway and the majority of my mate are car nuts anyway so i wont have to explain haha!

If i dont like it i will take it out and sell. im sure i will get what i paid back.