ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange hissing noise???

clio sport 172
I had a wee blast in the 172 on my way home from work tonight and when i pulled up outside my house, turned the engine off and got out i could here a noise. It sounded like there was a big hole in my tyre and it was coming from under the car. Any ideas anyone? I'm hoping its not a shocker

clio sport 172
It sounded like it was coming from the rear off side wheel area or near to the exhaust and stopped ofter about 20 seconds of so.

No this sounded like air of gas leaking. Like there was a big hole in my tyre.

I had a similar noise once but coming from the front of the car. Mine was doing it for a minute or two and was expecting my tyre to be flat but the noise disappeared :S

Had it been raining or were the roads really wet? That was the case in my situation and I just put it down to water getting on to a hot part of the car.

clio sport 172
The servo is under the bonnet isnt it? But i did think about a brake line or something. Took it out about an hour after the noise and all seemed ok but i wasnt pushing it so i dont know.

S4 Avant
You say it sounded like a big hole in your tyre? Have you actually checked for a big hole in the tyres?

clio sport 172
Funny enough its the first thing i checked. But i will take off the wheel and check it over at the weekend if nothing else arises

Megane dci 130
Yep brake servo is under the bonnet, but its also mounted quite low down on the bulkhead behind the drivers rear wheel. Could be the noise.

clio sport 172
Yep brake servo is under the bonnet, but its also mounted quite low down on the bulkhead behind the drivers rear wheel. Could be the noise.

I hope not, sounds expensive. But to be honest the brakes are still very sharp and id imagine if air were to be leaking they would be soft and spongy