ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange clicking noise

clio 1.2 dynamique
As the title says, I'm getting a strange clicking noise coming from the fuse box within the engine, to add to this problem the car won't start!

Thought it was a flat battery so tried to bump start, I could here the exhaust as if it was running but it wasn't...

Could it be a relay problem? Definitely don't think it's mechanical.

Help please :eek:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I've got this at the moment, turn the key and 'click' nothing, all the dash lights flash aswell.

It's the starter motor solenoid, mine does start but you need to turn the ignition on and leave it for 30 secs.

clio 1.2 dynamique
Are the fixable or is it the case of buying a new one? Also would it be worth while me phoning my breakdown cover to fix it?

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Are the fixable or is it the case of buying a new one? Also would it be worth while me phoning my breakdown cover to fix it?

Try disconnecting the batterys positive terminal and leaving for half an hour or so. I had a 1.2 for a brief period when i was younger and whenever it wouldn't start which was quite often lol a cheeky battery disconnection normally got it going. Gotta be worth a try.

clio 1.2 dynamique
Yea cheers mate, I'll try that when I get home, also read up the the thin black wire going into the solenoid can become loose so just making the connection between them better also can help fix it.

Fingers crossed!

clio 1.2 dynamique
Got my breakdown recovery service coming out, will let yous know how I get on incase other people are in my situation :)

clio 1.2 dynamique
The problem, is coming from the large brown coloured fuse in the engine, it's not getting a relay to the starter motor... Hopefully replacing the fuse will solve the problem :)