ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

strange burning smell engine boffs

Stanced Honda S2000

ive got a 2002 1.2 16v dyna sport, ive just fitted a k-tec induction kit, sounds awesome now but ive had it on for about 300 miles now and its done motorways etc but recently when i get out of my car there is a metal like burny smell, ive checked my oil, all random stuff like that, its not my clutch coz i aint a dumb blonde who cant drive and it isnt my breaks, is it my kit just wearing in it seems a bit odd so late in the day, but it does sound louder than when i got it, or is that just wishful thinking? is this normal or should i get my car into renault but odviously with my standard air filter on (warranty)

help b 4 my engines goes kaboom !!

sORRY 4 the blonde dig, help.

Cheers , rich.

Elise/VX220/R26

might be some of the paint or plastic cover on the filter burning? Has the induction kit moved at all?

Clio 172

it got any stickers or anythin like that on it coz my zorst smelt 4 a bit coz it was meltin the sticker on it

Stanced Honda S2000

it hasnt got any stickers on it and no it hasnt moved, My original filter had a hose attached to it that was located further forward to drag in cool air. My new induction kit is further into the engine but that wouldnt make a difference would it ?

Stanced Honda S2000

im not very mechanically minded, its only just done 17k. How much it cost to get repaired ? i dont want to take it to reno, they will charge me sh1t loads, help !

Stanced Honda S2000

yeah, so it will be covered ? shall i just pop it in, get them to check it out, if its fuc*ed it will be covered by warranty ? how would this have happened? my driving ?

Stanced Honda S2000

i need to take it in anyway coz the bloody airbag and service light came on, apparently this is quite common. should i put my standard air filter on or will they not care ?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Viv172 on 17 September 2003

This happened to the MG, it had a plastic bag stuck and melted onto the exhaust.
Could be that

Stanced Honda S2000

viv your a bloody star, just found a basta*d safeways bag under my car, bloody idiot. I cant remember running that over, i usually avoid carriers bags or crap like that coz this would happen . Thanks peeps, cashcard can now safely be placed back in wallet and save 4 lowering springs !!

Stanced Honda S2000

yeah, thanks guys and viv (if ur a woman, am asuming so). i feel like a dumb blonde now !! ha ha ha :oops:

might post sum pics of my baby later on but minus the carrier bag !

Quote: Originally posted by Rich_M on 17 September 2003

yeah, thanks guys and viv (if ur a woman, am asuming so). i feel like a dumb blonde now !! ha ha ha :oops:

might post sum pics of my baby later on but minus the carrier bag !
Yes Im a blonde woman!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!!!! :D

Stanced Honda S2000

no mines a new one, metallic black, tinted windows, meshed grill, bout 1k of ice, induction kit, alloys, spotlights, private plates, some nice graphics (not too many tho)

sorry mate, thanks for the help tho. what area rep are you ? they require one for my area but a- i dont know diddly squat mechanically, and havnt been a member for too long but love the site.