ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STOLEN from Notts - RB 182 - REG K13 CAG.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I dunno but just from the key alone a 200 looks like more money

Yep! A 200 is either a card or a flip key. Looks alone you can tell it's a newer car. 182 keys look awful, the same as a 1.2 ffs.

They took that car on purpose if they left the others and the wallets/phones etc.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Whats the best/most sucsessful anti theft device? Does anyone know?

It's a tough one and this isn't a dig at anyone but I don't ever leave my keys in lockers at the gym or anywhere else.

Theft from lockers is rife.

When I go to the gym I always wear something with zip up pockets and my keys and my warrant card are with me at all times.

Hope this car is found. I've shared this on the CS Facebook page. Fingers crossed.

172 Turbo
Did the lockers not, have, locks??

Confused how they were stolen in all honesty. If it had no lock I'd not be leaving anything in them.
Depends on the type, the ones in our locker room have the numbers printed on the lock. So, I can go on eBay and buy a spare key to them.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Wouldn't take more than a few seconds to walk along pressing the fob to see which indicators flash.

Not with somewhere like the Trafford Centre, etc. That's what I was saying about a go-kart track - it may only have 20-30 parking spots outside in which case, yep, it would take no time at all. But amongst a sea of massed metal - it would definitely take longer. I think for the small marketing 'benefit' of a logo on a key - they should think about removing them altogether.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Not with somewhere like the Trafford Centre, etc. That's what I was saying about a go-kart track - it may only have 20-30 parking spots outside in which case, yep, it would take no time at all. But amongst a sea of massed metal - it would definitely take longer. I think for the small marketing 'benefit' of a logo on a key - they should think about removing them altogether.

If I robbed your car key, and it had a big BMW logo on it, I'd still walk around spamming the unlock button, I wouldn't search for BMW's and only click it then. Not sure on this one. Either way, thats a different debate

RB 182
Gutted for you. I would hate to be in your position. Have you had any news from police?
not heard anything from the police mate, it was apparently spotted on its way to wales doing well of 100 on the motorway last night, thats the last iv heard of it. Iv only bought the car six months ago from stefan! Its my pride and joy and some fucker thinks they can just take it from me!

182 trophy 427
not heard anything from the police mate, it was apparently spotted on its way to wales doing well of 100 on the motorway last night, thats the last iv heard of it. Iv only bought the car six months ago from stefan! Its my pride and joy and some fucker thinks they can just take it from me!

That's so gutting wether you have had the car 6months or 6 years hopefully it will be spotted either by someone on here or caught else where. I hope you get it back.

RB 182 FF
I'm gutted for you as well, absolute scum on this earth, hopefully karma will hit them hard one day! I believe in what comes around goes around, absolute pricks! It's not just about monetary value is it, it's a personal attack on a possession you put time, effort, care, love and money into. Makes my piss boil, god help the day I come face to face with a thief, take my possesions and I'm annihilating them I'm afraid!!:smilingimp:

Ph1
How reliable is the source of the sighting?
Seems a bit strange someone nicking 2k worth of Clio from a karting track 100 miles from where they potentially might stay

RB 182
How reliable is the source of the sighting?
Seems a bit strange someone nicking 2k worth of Clio from a karting track 100 miles from where they potentially might stay
It was apparently spotted not too far from there this morning as well. My Clio is worth quite a bit more than 2k. Not sounding big headed but it's one of the cleanest out there and Iv spent about 1.5/2k on parts on it in the 6 months Iv owned it

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Unfortunatly I'd bet it's someone you know/knows you. Seems far too targeted especially when the other keys where so accessible.

Ph1
If its been spotted twice sounds like its been driven about by some 15 year old ned. Might be worth trying to track it down by the cruise scene or visit bits local boy racers hang out.