ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stiff clutch peddle

just got wife a 1995 clio 1.8 rsi and the clutch peddle is fairly hard to press is there anything i can do to sort it or will a new clutch be needed

cheers

scott

[Edited by scottenti on 22 January 2005 at 10:59pm]

i have just fitted a performance clutch to my valver thay are very heavy on the pedal you should ask the person you bought it from if they fitted a clutch if i remember both the 16v and rsi have heavy clutches anyway. some one say something if i am wrong

silver valver/hybrid

yeah the mk1 clios all have farely heavy clutches especially the valvers. something you get used to, but if you feel it is extremely heavy then at a guess could be clutch cable frayed?

If clutch is standard it shouldnt be that heavy.Check how the cable is routed as it comes through the bulkhead.If its fully clipped to the subframe,undo the first to give a more gradual curve around back of engine.If no improvement,replace cable £15ish.Should solve problem?

Its normal on the Mk1s mate, i have had a brand new clutch/cable and pedal fitted to mine and its no difference.

Its how the cable is routed im affraid theres not alot you can do about it.

Smokey