ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering

1.2 172 conversion
Got a big problem with my steering it is fine turning left but when turning right gradually ou can feel it bite and it then turns sharply and sometimes doesnt want to turn right atall in a corner have to proper fight with it ?

Odyssey 172 phase 1
Its probably the steering rack bushes as mine is doing the same, and haven't got round to changing them yet.
If its not these then it could be ball joints, track rod ends or something else, its hard to tell without seeing it

That sounds more like actual cv joint. I'd take the wheel off and make sure your hub nut is done to the correct torque.

Whilst you're there you can check the other components such as track rod ends and the steering rack bushes like dan says.

1.2 172 conversion
I think my rack bushes have gone as it makes a noise when turning i have the epas upgrade with a 1.2 rack how would i check the bushes and how much are they to buy

1.2 172 conversion
Yes as originaly the car was a 1.2 with epas and i puy everything off a 172 in there..engine all the running gear etc

1.2 172 conversion
Have had a second look at the rack and cant see no bushes looks like its on solid mounts bolts straight to the subframe

1.2 172 conversion
Whenever a balljoint needs replacing i always do the wishbone aswel it just makes sense to do it for a extra 5 minutes of work