ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel wobble, what could it be??

Clio 182 2005
Hi all, I hope someone can help with an intermittent issue with steering wheel vibration I have on on my Clio, I have recently had new tyres fitted all round (Goodyear F1 Asymmetrical 2) and wheels balanced. I now get steering wheel vibration / wobble at anything between 70 - 85mph however it is intermittent. I can be driving along with no vibration then 10 seconds later the wheel is vibrating even though my road speed has not changed (cruise on). Don't know if its in my mind but it seems less pronounced when travelling up an incline. I have had the wheels re-balanced but because of the intermittent nature I am thinking that it is something like the track rod ends that could be shot and allowing an amount of play, if tyres were out of balance then there would be vibration all the time. Has anyone else had anything similar?

Clio 182 2005
Checked the wheels today and neither of the front wheels have and weights attached!! They must have come off which explains the vibration. They are not stick on one's either.