ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering creak

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
I've checked the wheel (what I can see) and checked the tyre as I initially thought it was this rubbing against the wall or whatever but everything looks okay.

1.5dci
my mums car creaked and she sprayed furniture polish where the wheel and the coloum touch (the plastic) and it's fine again

1.5dci
yea, she told me to do it, but i stayed clear until i got the ball joins and stuff replaced, and it went so never tried it!
tbh the car is mostly rotten anyways, it's a 4x4 on a farm, a bit more damage insn't gonna hurt it!

I wonder if AG rubber and Vinyl spray would do the same though?

Last edited:
  1.5dci
yea, not sure really then. mine was like it, and was fixed by either the ball joints or the wishbones as i replace them all at the same time. I also got the anti roll bar links changed then too, maybe that helped

I think the prob my mum was having was the fdfriction between the two surfaces, and the polish must have just lubricated both sides

Clio 172 Cup
It's worth checking to see if there is any minor oil leakage at the front. My steering started making some strange noises the other day. I took it in today and it was basically a PAS fluid leak from the PAS sensor? They replaced the sensor and topped up the fluid and it's all good. All in all it cost me £100.

clio 182cup
It's the classic fault that never can't be found ...
I can understand when the summer comes by of this disgust that the steering wheel makes...
Last year I emptied half a silicone spray at the rear of steering wheel. Its stopped for three days,:approve: BUT then returned back and make my nerves of fringes ! :dead:
Here in Greece with 45 ° C degrees in the shade, all 182 makes that old door sound or like an old chest ... (Maybe)
This year i hardly hear it ... my nerves are fringes with the ESP & SERV ... too :S

Park the car under a tree and turn on the A/C for a half day it will help for a 15min free of creepy sound (you are in GB so may be last longer :rasp:)

Classic Renaults :p

53 Clio's & counting
Mines had near every noise going lol

Check the stud that holds the gearbox mount is tight, well the nut on the bottom, under the mount should i say.

They work loose and give the simptoms you describe