ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering feels really bad ( 54 plate 182 )

Hi guys, recently at brandshatch having a good time when suddenly my steering felt really really bad ( understeering big time ) to the point of it becoming worrying.
Eg if a turn usually toke half a turn of the steering wheel it was now taking 3/4 of a turn. This was at high speeds obviously.
This happened later on into the day when at the beginning of the day all was well.

Driving on the road it still feels a little off when turning right mostly and the car tends to stray to the left but this could be the road ( I don’t think it’s the tracking ) .I would also say that when your stationary and turn the wheel it feels like it takes a second then the pump etc starts to kick In

Any ideas?
Thanks guys

I’m not very mechanically minded so bare with me but. Iv recently fitted coilovers so they should be fine, anti roll bar bushes have been changed.
I’m not sure what tres are and how would I know if the wishbones where shoot?
I really eager to learn so all advice is welcome.
Passed its mot just 2 days ago so nothing unroadworthy with it

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate all help

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Track Rod Ends are TRE’s.

No worries, I basically meant it’s worth jacking up the car and seeing if there is anything that’s obviously not right or out of place.

It’s could be a quick way to determine if there’s a problem. Although it may not be obvious and could need a mechanic to take a further look..,

If you change anything on the suspension, the tracking should be at least checked.

Probably worth getting it up on a ramp and checking all the bushes.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Did the car feel okay before?
Who fitted the coilovers?
Did the tracking get checked?

Good was good before , car felt good at the beginning of the day and then suddenly came on.
Tracking was done after the coilovers where fitted and they where fitted by a pro.

It’s a real headache I can’t get around