ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting and revs problem when cold

Clio 172 CUP
Come to start the car when cold like when its stood over night and it really hesitates to start sometimes others its ok, checked the battery and its spot on.
When it does eventually start over when playing up the revs seems to drop well below 1k but hasnt stalled to date......YET, in the last week another problem has creeped in....... when driving off after first starting the car until it warms up the revs seem to sit at a constant 2k when out of gear like sitting at a junction???
Just used a RSTuner to flash the ECU but i dont think the problem is related because the original problem was there before doing that, but when doing that in the fault part of the RSTuner software a red bannr flashed up saying something about the throttle position and in brackets it also said not a fault so........?

Have researched the problem on here previous to posting this so dont slate me ;), its just that its doin my head in now!!!
Does it sound coilpack/ht leads/sparkpug related?

Anyone help me please?

Cheers
Daz

Fact is that the car revs more on cold when using different ecu settings by Rstuner. I will not say it's 2K but indeed 1500 rpm is normal for me too. After 1 minute it's gone so for me no worries....As for the start-up you are right again. When I start my car the first time it will not ignite (6 out of 10) I did a cross test putting in my original software and the "problem" was gone....

For me both things are no issue since you notice the advantages of the software...but it would be even nicer when it could be fixed by Henk...