ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starter solenoid clicking

Renault Clio 1.6 16v
Hi Guys, very new to this ans am looking for some advice...I have a Clio, 1.6, 16 valve automatic, 04 plate. This morning I run through a deepish puddle (around 12-15 inches deep) and the Clio "died" on the way through. When I tried to start it again, the starter soleniod would just click.. Thinking the worst...I removed all the spark plugs.... to find dry cylinders. Most of the engine bay was also fairly dry. With this being an automatic (I have never had an automatic before) I am not how to manually turn the engine, to ensure the engine will turn at all....I have looked underneath for broken earth straps and the likes but nothing "jumps" out...Anyone got any ideas?
Many Thanks, Mark

Renault Clio 1.6 16v
Im just not sure where to go with the spanner....not used to the added complication of it being an automatic....a manual one would have been easy...

Renault Clio 1.6 16v
I have since had a socket onto the crankshaft bolt and is is not moving...even with a telescopic handle...Is it possible that the torque converter may have water in it and this is preventing the engine from turning...?

Renault Clio 1.6 16v
is it possible that the torque converter is causing this? Everybody I have spoken to so far says no, but the timing belt is intact and I can't think of what else it could be.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
TDC Sensor on top of the gearbox.
P210309_1251.jpg

Loses connection and it just clicks with no start. It's often on the plug/loom rather then the sensor.
I've read the sensor is in the same place as the manual, so the above image should help.

Best of luck