ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Start engine and rev's upto 6000rpm + HELP! (Ph1 Clio 172)

Hi,

I'm having some problems with my 2001 Renault Clio 172.. I dismantled some bits to check my spark plugs, put everything back together, but when I start my engine it revs upto 6000rpm + (that's the highest I've seen before I turn the engine off!)

I didn't touch anything to do with this when I was dismantling things to get at the spark plugs:

IMG_07481.jpg

But could it be something to do with this?

Does anyone have any ideas how I can adjust this? Or any other ideas why it might be doing it?

Thanks,
Dan.

225 Cup & Williams
Take the plastic bend off the bit that is connected to the throttle body and the airbox. It should be secured either end with jubilee clips so all you need is a flat heat screwdriver to unde them.

172 ph-quick
Sounds like youve got an air leak somewhere, check all pipes etc and make sure they're all on secure. If they are it could be that one of the gaskets isnt right/broken, im plumping a guess at the rubber ring gasket underneath the plenum, cant remember name for what it is that it seals though sorry.

Sounds like youve got an air leak somewhere, check all pipes etc and make sure they're all on secure. If they are it could be that one of the gaskets isnt right/broken, im plumping a guess at the rubber ring gasket underneath the plenum, cant remember name for what it is that it seals though sorry.

There is a tiny tiny gap on the right hand side at the front of the inlet manifold. Should I get a gasket or use sealant? I will check the rubber ring gasket on the underside when I take it all apart later on in the week when I get my new spark plugs!

Thanks,
Dan.