ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Star City Sunday 29th Jan 14:00

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Not going to quote it all agin but this is in reply :)

Well I don't have a car full stop at the minute so getting there would be difficult ha, I have been looking for a couple months though now so haven't rushed into getting one :)

Yeah I said just a 172 but it's actually a cup that I'm going to look at anyway. I have spent a while considering my options and a 172 cup fits what I want perfectly (as well as being the cheapest by a considerable amount of all the rs clio's regarding insurance)

Yeah, don't worry I'm not one of those people, I'll introduce myself straight away and certainly won't be handbraking my car round a car park, too old for that (I'm 21 today, going to be collecting pension soon)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Well I don't have a car full stop at the minute so getting there would be difficult ha, I have been looking for a couple months though now so haven't rushed into getting one :)

Yeah I said just a 172 but it's actually a cup that I'm going to look at anyway. I have spent a while considering my options and a 172 cup fits what I want perfectly (as well as being the cheapest by a considerable amount of all the rs clio's regarding insurance)

Yeah, don't worry I'm not one of those people, I'll introduce myself straight away and certainly won't be handbraking my car round a car park, too old for that (I'm 21 today, going to be collecting pension soon)

The lad who was handbraking was as old as me...and I'm older than 21...he's a good mate and only did it as it wasn't his car!

I would double check the old insurance, as I was under the impression that the Cup was more expensive than the 172. If you can find one with Climate Control or a Cup in Silver with Climate, they are like rocking horse poo to get hold of! ;)

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/heritage/172cup/

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'll try and make this one :)

Been meaning to go to a few meets recently and ended up missing them for one reason or another :(

Hows the 182 Don, all fixed now?

Could have been Mandy's car...thats now sorted and working fine. :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
List (so far) copied from Regions section:-

1. Don
2. Junior Bear
3. Tony H and Helen
4. sbridgey
5. chapperzuk
6. Rob_sri
7. Cerrone
8. Jude (+Steph)
9. Fred
10. j.money

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
The lad who was handbraking was as old as me...and I'm older than 21...he's a good mate and only did it as it wasn't his car!

I would double check the old insurance, as I was under the impression that the Cup was more expensive than the 172. If you can find one with Climate Control or a Cup in Silver with Climate, they are like rocking horse poo to get hold of! ;)

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/heritage/172cup/

Yeah was only joking bout the age but ;)

The cup being more to insure would certainly make sense but no it's £300 less than a ph1 and £400 less than the others.

Not too fussed about the climate control at all to be fair and love the blue, had 4 silver cars now in a row.

Appreciate the advice mate.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Yeah was only joking bout the age but ;)

The cup being more to insure would certainly make sense but no it's £300 less than a ph1 and £400 less than the others.

Not too fussed about the climate control at all to be fair and love the blue, had 4 silver cars now in a row.

Appreciate the advice mate.

No worries at all. I had a Cup for 5 years....had an incident...so she was written off. If you see me letching over your car, I'll apologise as it will bring back memories! The 182 is my second Silver car, first one was a Megane Coupe and then this one.

IF you see one advertised, put it up to get opinions...there's a fair few on here who will help you and show you what to look for. :)

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
She's doing okay...there was nothing wrong with her....got a Cup spoiler and need wheels refurbing (£20 a wheel!!! In wheels forum from place in Brum).

See you're losing the orange...its what made your little beast noticeable. Let me know if you're coming as not seen you in AGES...

Yeah it probably was Mandy's car I was thinking of...silly me! Glad it's all sorted though.

Cup spoiler and wheels will finish her off well i reckon :)

Yes, ALL of the orange is now gone. Including the plastidipped wheels (removing it was a PITA, much worse than I expected!!) so you probably won't recognise me...I deffo need a wheel refurb though as they look shagged now :(

Put me down on the list, I'll do my upmost to be there and say hello to a few new people ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Yeah it probably was Mandy's car I was thinking of...silly me! Glad it's all sorted though.

Cup spoiler and wheels will finish her off well i reckon :)

Yes, ALL of the orange is now gone. Including the plastidipped wheels (removing it was a PITA, much worse than I expected!!) so you probably won't recognise me...I deffo need a wheel refurb though as they look shagged now :(

Put me down on the list, I'll do my upmost to be there and say hello to a few new people ;)

Don't worry mate, it was user error! :eek:

Cup Spoiler is on mate...got that just before Xmas and it really does transform the rear end of the car.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...Highly-Recommended-%A380-per-set-for-a-Refurb! is the place that does it for £20 per wheel...but you'll be without them for a week...so need a set of steelies to run on in the meantime. (or get a spare and do them one at a time!)

I thought the plastidip would have been relatively easy (not too easy! ;)) to remove...the solution was only temp mate...so don't worry.

I'll put you on the list mate...and I know you will be sociable...FFS you even talk to me! ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
List (so far) copied from Regions section:-

1. Don
2. Junior Bear
3. Tony H and Helen
4. sbridgey
5. chapperzuk
6. Rob_sri
7. Cerrone
8. Jude (+Steph)
9. Fred
10. j.money
11. NickW88

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Don't worry mate, it was user error! :eek:

Cup Spoiler is on mate...got that just before Xmas and it really does transform the rear end of the car.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...Highly-Recommended-%A380-per-set-for-a-Refurb! is the place that does it for £20 per wheel...but you'll be without them for a week...so need a set of steelies to run on in the meantime. (or get a spare and do them one at a time!)

I thought the plastidip would have been relatively easy (not too easy! ;)) to remove...the solution was only temp mate...so don't worry.

I'll put you on the list mate...and I know you will be sociable...FFS you even talk to me! ;)

Thanks very much for the link, I'll have a look when I get home. They might be the people I spoke to before Xmas because they were doing £20 a wheel but it was an Xmas special.

As for the plastidip, it was easy to remove off my badges etc but I think all the brake dust and crap off the roads made it difficult. Most of it came off alright, it was all the nooks and crannies that made it pain! Literally had the scrub it with my thumbs to save scratching the paint underneath. Four hours (and red thumbs) later it was all off!

Look forward to seeing you all very soon ;)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I dont think my brother will be impressed with your removal of the orange, he thought it looked amazing in the world series convoy.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
I dont think my brother will be impressed with your removal of the orange, he thought it looked amazing in the world series convoy.

Haha, thanks! I remember you saying actually.

It's all up for sale now (except for the tow eye), you should buy it ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I picked up my 172 Cup today as planned so I'll be there :)

Cool...Good to see you've got the best version of the 172 out there (but I'm biased!)

List so far:-
1. Don
2. Junior Bear
3. Tony H and Helen
4. sbridgey
5. chapperzuk
6. Rob_sri
7. Cerrone
8. Jude (+Steph)
9. Fred
10. j.money
11. NickW88
12. LY_Kimmy_182
13. wayne9989
14. Matthewharvey

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Cool...Good to see you've got the best version of the 172 out there (but I'm biased!)

Have to admit I love it already, couple small things with it, main one being it's currently on ktec coilovers, they're not a nice ride and also too low at the minute so keep catching but that'll be sorted. Anyway I guess you'll see it in a week :)

BMW Z4
i should be up for this if i get the GTA taxed before then, will mention it to a few i know around coventry aswell.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Was in MK today, nearly had a Nandos for lunch, thought best save it for next week instead.

You can never have enough Nandos....just make sure you get the loyalty card and they give you freebies the more you visit. :)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I usually work weekends so I never get to go to meets, but at the moment it looks like I won't be working on the 29th,
so hopefully i'll be making this one. :D

I've never been to a Nandos before, how much is it for a plate of food?

182cup & 172 racecar
Pick them up on Wed, took them up on Friday afternoon.

So we'll see, only for the race car anyway so they should be tidy for the start of the year.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I've never been to a Nandos before, how much is it for a plate of food?

Obviously...depends on what you're after...menu is here.

Drinks are free refills...but I tend to go for the double chicken breast burger (with medium sauce) with cheese & fries and then smother the whole lot in garlic sauce....lush! :approve:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member

Drinks are free refills...but I tend to go for the double chicken breast burger (with medium sauce) with cheese & fries and then smother the whole lot in garlic sauce....lush! :approve:

Sounds good to me, although if I can replace garlic for chilli sauce then i'll be happy. :approve:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Sounds good to me, although if I can replace garlic with chilli sauce then i'll be happy. :approve:

They have a few sauces...garlic, hot, extra hot and some others...but because I love the garlic on it...I don't bother with the rest. I'm sure you'll find something that ticks the box for you.

Arctic Blue FF 182
As it stands, its all looking good! In Oxford for Friday evening, but not staying there the night, and very very unlikely I will be asked to go down to Bucks to work the sat or sun now. So looks like I'm a thumbs up too!

182cup & 172 racecar
Proper Brumy's aren't they ;)

Fk me yes, nearly a fight outside as well while I was there.

Sounds good to me.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Should be collecting my 182 on Saturday if all goes to plan. So count me in. Last meet I came to was the go karting at canon raceway 2 years back

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Should be collecting my 182 on Saturday if all goes to plan. So count me in. Last meet I came to was the go karting at canon raceway 2 years back

Bloody hell...been that long???

List so far:-
1. Don
2. Junior Bear
3. Tony H and Helen
4. sbridgey
5. chapperzuk
6. Rob_sri
7. Cerrone
8. Jude (+Steph)
9. Fred
10. j.money
11. NickW88
12. LY_Kimmy_182
13. wayne9989
14. Matthewharvey
15. Walmsley69

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Yep it has. And the one before that was my first meet. At Bentley bridge. You were very welcoming anyway. Are you doing convoy at all? Me and Matt Harvey could maybe meet you off m54 junction by Stafford road or the Cannock road? Simple down slip road and back up again jobby?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Yep it has. And the one before that was my first meet. At Bentley bridge. You were very welcoming anyway. Are you doing convoy at all? Me and Matt Harvey could maybe meet you off m54 junction by Stafford road or the Cannock road? Simple down slip road and back up again jobby?

That shouldn't be a worry. I will ask Junior Bear if he fancies convoying down the '54 with me and can meet you on the way...will send you a PM nearer the time with my number and can call you as we are on our way. :)