ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Star City Sunday 29th Jan 14:00

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Following on from the last thread....the meet will be at Star City on Sunday 29th Jan at 14:00.

Meet in car park, the grab Nandos and we can do bowling afterwards dependant on how people are feeling.

Get you names down and I will send a pm out later on when I'm at my computer.

List:
1. Don

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
See edit.

No worries....I did wonder whether it had worked for a second...

The future of the meets will be in the 'Regions' section, so rather than having 2 areas ('Local meetings' & 'Regions') for meets which is confusing, we are going to try using just the 'Regions' section, but in the interim, it is a case of trying to get people to use/subscribe to it so that they can put their posts across and by using the Regions section, we can send a PM to ALL the members in the subscription (so in this case 'West Midlands Members') rather than having to keep a stickied thread up to date, which can lead to things/people being missed off the list, which isn't a help to anyone.

Then the local meetings section can be removed and the Regions part take the strain. :)

Sounds good mate.

Not sure if you have seen my post in the other thread about a rolling road day? Will drop you a PM with some details on once I have them if you want? Not 100% its happening yet and wont be exclusive to CS but I know Matt wants to do one.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I haven't yet...will do after posting this...

I won't put mine on the rollers yet...as she was only done in November. Put it up and see how you get on, if people are willing...then I'm sure they will go. :)

I will organise one back end of the year again...so if people can't make yours...or are looking at investing on mods later on in the year, they still have one that they can go to.

Arctic Blue FF 182
I'm looking to try and get to this too. Just can't guarantee I'm not away that weekend at the moment.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'm looking to try and get to this too. Just can't guarantee I'm not away that weekend at the moment.

James, see how you get on and let us know as we will probably be looking to get a fair few people into Nandos and don't want to turn up unannounced with say 20+ people all wanting a bite to eat and they're not prepared (makes ours and their lives easier if I'm honest if we know in advance).

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
We haven't got a Nandos anywhere near us,that's why we want to come.

And I thought it was for Mandy and my company...;)

We don't have one in Telford, but there is one in Shrewsbury (about 10 miles away), one in Wolverhampton Centre, One in Merry Hill, One in Dudley...so we've got a few within an hours drive.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'm in Telford too donny!

I saw your profile location and also the fact that you were talking about RS07ACE....used to see that car a fair few times around Trench and Hadley.

PS. If you wanna go down together from Telford...give me a shout. :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
2 weeks today for the first West Midlands meet in CS....any more takers???

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
im not gonna come to this one, got a poorly driveshaft, and not sure when im gonna get round to replacing, so cant cover that distance.

spoke to piers, and he aint going either, and im pretty sure wocka aint going either!

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all, I'm a fairly new member, been browsing the forum for a while but now looking to buy a 172 within the next week. If all goes to plan I'll be able to attend the meet.

I'm sure you'll be welcoming :)

EDIT: I hope you'll be welcoming ;)

Arctic Blue FF 182
Will be my first West Mids meet, I doubt any of them will bite! (I take no responsibility if they do though)
Still hoping I'm not working that day as really want to get to the meet!

182cup & 172 racecar
im not gonna come to this one, got a poorly driveshaft, and not sure when im gonna get round to replacing, so cant cover that distance.

spoke to piers, and he aint going either, and im pretty sure wocka aint going either!

Whats the matter with you guys.:rolleyes:

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
I'll try and make this one :)

Been meaning to go to a few meets recently and ended up missing them for one reason or another :(

Hows the 182 Don, all fixed now?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'll try and make this one :)

Been meaning to go to a few meets recently and ended up missing them for one reason or another :(

Hows the 182 Don, all fixed now?

She's doing okay...there was nothing wrong with her....got a Cup spoiler and need wheels refurbing (£20 a wheel!!! In wheels forum from place in Brum).

See you're losing the orange...its what made your little beast noticeable. Let me know if you're coming as not seen you in AGES...

------

Should be good to meet new faces and old. Just remember to say hello as if you stay in your car, people arent gonna get in your car to say hello...

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Should be good to meet new faces and old. Just remember to say hello as if you stay in your car, people arent gonna get in your car to say hello...

I was previously on the Corsa C forum and we were at a meet when a member did exactly that, came to the meet sat in his car for 2 hours (at least 6 spaces away from everyone else, on a laptop so we didn't think he was with us), then the next day he came online complaining we were unwelcome.

So no I don't think I'll do that, will certainly introduce myself, going to look at and fingers crossed buy a 172 on Saturday.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I was previously on the Corsa C forum and we were at a meet when a member did exactly that, came to the meet sat in his car for 2 hours (at least 6 spaces away from everyone else, on a laptop so we didn't think he was with us), then the next day he came online complaining we were unwelcome.

So no I don't think I'll do that, will certainly introduce myself, going to look at and fingers crossed buy a 172 on Saturday.

Hey Matthew, you dont need a Clio to attend the meet..in fact, not having one could help you set your sights on the best one for you.

When I got my old 172cup...I spent ages wondering if I'd made the right choice...but someone said to me that if I'd bought a 172 proper...then I would have asked the same question but aimed towards owning a Cup instead.

We had someone do it years ago. Came down from Telford for the meet...sat in his car for an hour and disappeared...then said we werent welcoming...if he'd come out abd said 'Hi'...then people would have spoken to him. I always remember that everyone of us had their first meet at some point.

Also in a North West meet...had one of the lads turn up in a courtesy car, handbraked it in the services where we were all meeting up...then a copper walked over and started sniffing round, so everyone ignored him or answered him very bluntly. He was a Renaultsport member and said CS were unwelcoming. If he'd said he was into RS's and had one then I'm sure the welcome would have been different.