ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeeking/Scraping from front n/s when hot?????

172 Cup, Volvo V70
Hello chaps, was wondering if anyone had any pointers as to what this 'problem' could be?....
I did a track day at Brands recently, and had to cut the evening short due to a horrendous noise coming from the front of the car. At first I thought it was the steering rack, but getting under the car it was clearly coming from behind the front nearside wheel. I drove home, the car felt fine, steering straight and true and suspension working as it should. A couple of days later I went into the garage to have a look..................and no noise!!!
I can only assume that 'something' is expanding when very hot and causing the horrible LOUD squeeking sound, which then fades as the metal cools down again.
I was thinking maybe CV joint? But the rubber all looks intact, no leaking etc. It's just had new outer and inner track rod ends, new dampers and springs, and new discs and pads. Anyone had experience of this?
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.