ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaky Breaks

Mk2 Ph2 1.4 16v Dynamic
Hey all, recently my front right bearing went on my clio 1.2 8v 1997.... i replaced the bearing along with a new track rod! all parts went in fine ...took the bearing to a mechanic to be pressed out etc... when i got home i assembled it back together ... and put the breaks back together...but ever since i replaced the bearing the breaks have been squeaking like a b**ch.... mind u this didnt do it before..tried copper grease and new clips etc..... and the bearing has been tightened to the clio 1.2 8v 25 NM...any thoughts lads and ladies?

25Nm....think you ahve that a little wrong there fella, try something around 240Nm, thats for the hub nut, sounds like thats your problem

Oh and its Brakes ;)

A Grey Slab (Audi Estate)
You say you tried copper grease? You also tried smearing it on the back of the pads (non friction side) this helps to.

A Grey Slab (Audi Estate)
Lunner said:
funny......

I know it might sound a bit daft bit it does help. A lot of people just put the copper grease on the sliders but its best to put it any where were the pads touch caliper / piston etc.

As for explaining it in detail i.e. back / non friction side, you must admit when reading some peoples comments on here they do not seem like the sharpest tool in the box. And I dont really want someone coming on here saying "you told me to put some grease on my pads and now my car is in a ditch...etc etc!" :D

Twingo 133
If it didnt sqeak before, just make sure you have put some copper grease on the backs of the pads, and also you may find, if you took the pads out you put them in the oposite sides to which they where before, ie piston side on the slider side that may cause it.