ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spring National Hillclimb - Harewood 10th April

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Hey guys,
Next Sunday (April 10th) is the Spring National Hillclimb at Harewood.
I went to a good 3 or 4 events last year and was a good watch, some ace motors and action. Spectator entry is £10 each, with entry to the paddock to have a nosey, free program and whatnot. You can pretty much see the entire course from the top of the hill but can trek to loads of other parts of the course to watch or stand next to the starting line to watch the motors launch away.
Lineup for this event looks pretty tasty (I've attached the entry list).

So was wondering if anyone fancied having a meet and then a rundown to watch some of the action. Practice is usually all morning then the timed runs usually after the lunch break, see if anyone's up for it then can confirm a meet time / place etc.
www.harewoodhill.com

Ta

Attachments

• spring entry list 10 april 2016.pdf
    101.2 KB · Views: 11

AJJ

Phase 1 172
Only in South Leeds so this is a strong maybe for me, I'll keep an eye on this over the next day or so.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Would be good if you could mate. Got a few maybes so just if everyone just lets me know beforehand.
Checked the weather and it's looking rainy pretty much every day apart from Sunday! Good news!

AJJ

Phase 1 172
I looked at that, rain, rain, rain, cloud + sun, rain...
I'm definitely up for this, just need to sort a few bits before I can confirm.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
No worries,
Once confirmed (and maybe others) will sort a meeting spot and time etc.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I've been slacking and have too much to do, no go for me I'm afraid.
There's a guy from these parts who competes in a liquid yellow 5 GTT, look out for him.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Cool, I'll post up a meeting place in the next couple days, 11am I'd say.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Right @AJJ plus anyone still on the fence / might be up for it,
Meet at 11am Sunday at The Dexter pub in Shadwell - it's north Leeds and only about 10mins south of Harewood so looks pretty suitable, post code is LS17 8RZ. I'm picking a pal up from Yeadon prior to this so will be coming from that way!

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Unfortunately can't make this, going away on Sunday night/Monday morning and got a list as long as my arm of stuff to do before I go!

AJJ

Phase 1 172
Maybe we should post this up on the Clio sport Facebook page as there are a few Leeds guys on there who may not look on here as often?

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I got plenty of photos mate, only one of yours is this one of you kicking back waiting to go.
I'm fairly sure @AJJ got some action and pit shots of you too.
How'd the day go? Get some good runs in? Was a good day out, albeit the scorched forhead!

Attachments

• DSC_0038.JPG
    DSC_0038.JPG
    350.8 KB · Views: 12

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
First timed run was ok but not amazing, the second run was very quick but I had brake failure at farmhouse corner at 67 mph which was fairly dramatic.
I'm sure it'll be on YouTube soon.