ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speed camera flahed me through lights....

I got flashed by a speed camera going throught the lights the other day not because of excessive speed, but because they were on RED. Does anyone know the deal with this i.e. Do I get points, Fine etc????????

Yep unfortunatly 3points and a £30-£40 fine, depends on what part of the country you are. Also depends on what style of camera, you could always hope there was no film in!!!

Shhh

Remember the road conditions, say you slammed on last minute and skidded through the lights, say their must of been diesel on the road etc. Uncle got away with it that way, say car up ya ass, you slammed on..

etc..etc

ex Clio 172 owner :(

I got flashed similarly and got away with it. Happened last December, not heard anything since.

Quote: Originally posted by AliasOmega on 30 December 2004

Remember the road conditions, say you slammed on last minute and skidded through the lights, say their must of been diesel on the road etc. Uncle got away with it that way, say car up ya ass, you slammed on..

etc..etc
Er, that wont work - Ive just had my pics come through and you can see all three lanes, all the lights on red and enough of the road to see someone about 2 cars back, so I doubt that argument would ever work! lol

Would just like to add that by the sounds of things that camera was a Traffic Signal and not a speed camera. Speed Cameras are alot larger. The thin ones on the side of the road next to the lights are thin. These dont measure speed, just red lights. The camera has to be pointing the way your going ie behind you, unless its a Truvelo which use infa red instead of Radard like the Gatsos, these take a photo of the car and driver but dont flash, this is so the driver cant lie and say someone else was driving.

Just thought i would share my knowledge with you all as ive had alot of run-ins...

GW Clio 200

the ones on the traffic lights DO read your speed as well as exactly how long after the light went red it was when you went through it. i have been done before off one near me. i live in NE england by the way.

If you guys stopped jumping red lights then these cameras existence wouldnt be an issue. I have to agree with dannyboy but the way he put it was slightly more polite than the way i wouldve.