ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speakers for rear of clio

I have a Mk3 Clio 1.2 3dr (2006). When I bought it, it did not come with rear speakers and I am looking to put speakers in. It has the cable and mounts for speakers but I don't know wither to go to a brand new set from online or Halfords or something or buy a second hand set from a breakers yard.

What would be best both quality and cost. I seen a nice looking set of speakers at Halfords but probably don't have good sound quality. Any advice ?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Sony ones which are around £30 a pair will have perfectly good quality for a regular head unit, that's what mainly determines the quality in the first place.

Don't get coaxials! Get some mid range for the rear for a bit more thump, you want the sound stage in front of you. I'll have a gander at the halfords site if you're set on going there but there's much better deals to be had elsewhere online.

Edit - I'd steer clear from halfords with those prices. I'm not 100% on the size of the rear speaker in a mk3 but hopefully someone will be able to clarify. If they're the same as a mk2 then these would be perfect bang for buck. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350869404899?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

I'm going to halfords tomorrow for a look and see if they have any fitment info for the speaker size and connections

Just done a quick search on here, they're 13cm, so the ones I linked will fit and to be honest you won't find better for the money. They'll amp up nicely if you decide to go down that route in the future too.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Looks a bargain them speakers. I have infinity in the front. Will these sound gd in the back then?

Don't get coaxials! Get some mid range for the rear for a bit more thump, you want the sound stage in front of you. I'll have a gander at the halfords site if you're set on going there but there's much better deals to be had elsewhere online.

Edit - I'd steer clear from halfords with those prices. I'm not 100% on the size of the rear speaker in a mk3 but hopefully someone will be able to clarify. If they're the same as a mk2 then these would be perfect bang for buck. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350869404899?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

I just seen these on ebay. Would they be good? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JVC-CS-V5...7?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item1e8073643b

Those speakers are coaxials, Try and get mid range woofers or you'll have too much treble and not enough bass to back it up. When I say you want the sound stage up front I mean you want the sound coming toward you, not from behind. This is being a bit anal but you'll get the best sound with decent components up front, mids in the rear and if you want/need then a sub in the boot or a small active under the seat. It doesn't matter about the colour of the speaker, it's covered with a grille and you won't exactly notice the colour when driving.

Ahh ok. I wont be installing a sub in the boot. I need all the space i can get. I am Going to order them soon. Does them speakers come with the right connections for the car audio?

They SHOULD come with wiring for them but if not then a bit of speaker cable, and the connections will only be pence as you'll only need a meter of cable for both sides. I doubt you'd want to cut the connectors off so I'd suggest getting some tap splice connectors and connect them to your existing wiring. You won't need to cut anything this way. These are tap splice connectors - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-x-BLUE...al_Electrical_Fittings_MJ&hash=item2eb41ebb65 Easy job, the only tool you need for those is a set of stub nose pliers!

Have you thought about getting a pair of 6x9s and mounting them on your parcel shelf?

What's your total ICE budget?

You don't really want to be cutting 6x9'sa into the rear shelf as it's thin as hell, you'd be better off making a decent shelf from some thick ply. I also assume he isn't after a perfect soundstage or a load of speakers as he would be adding a sub into the mix as well. The speakers I've linked to would be the best bet IMO as should he want to go louder then they are easily amped and would actually benefit from it, saving money in the long run.

What I should have asked in the first place is what do you want from these new speakers? Are you after volume, quality or bass? What speakers do you have up front right now, are they standard?

They SHOULD come with wiring for them but if not then a bit of speaker cable, and the connections will only be pence as you'll only need a meter of cable for both sides. I doubt you'd want to cut the connectors off so I'd suggest getting some tap splice connectors and connect them to your existing wiring. You won't need to cut anything this way. These are tap splice connectors - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-x-BLUE...al_Electrical_Fittings_MJ&hash=item2eb41ebb65 Easy job, the only tool you need for those is a set of stub nose pliers!

You don't really want to be cutting 6x9'sa into the rear shelf as it's thin as hell, you'd be better off making a decent shelf from some thick ply. I also assume he isn't after a perfect soundstage or a load of speakers as he would be adding a sub into the mix as well. The speakers I've linked to would be the best bet IMO as should he want to go louder then they are easily amped and would actually benefit from it, saving money in the long run.

What I should have asked in the first place is what do you want from these new speakers? Are you after volume, quality or bass? What speakers do you have up front right now, are they standard?
Yeah The front ones are standard. Im looking quality from the speakers. Im happy with the front ones but i would like to have speakers in the back.

In that case the ones I posted along with the connectors will be just fine. If you can afford to upgrade the fronts then I'd suggest these - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLI-Under...0?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3cc8cd9006

I have them up front, mid bass in the rear and a sub in the boot and trust me, it pumps! Sounds great too, It can play VERY loud without distortion. They're not even amped up front either, and as I said before, if you want to then they'll handle it just fine.