ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spax coilovers installation assistance

Clio 182 w/Cup pack
Hello All,

I have just got myself a SPAX RSX coilover kit (front and rear) and before I installed it, I would like any tips or advice from those users that have already installed the kit on their Clios.

I have got a few queries especially on the height adjustment...which setup will help me achieve this? I noticed that adjusting the ring upwards, tends to pre-load the spring instead of pushing the piston out to compensate. This indicates to me that a stiffer suspension? Also, is the helper spring required?

Any pieces of advice is welcome.

Cheers,

Clio 172 phase 1
Lay them on the floor get them as close to the same height mine are 8 threads showing from bottom. Mark each one with tipex or paint so when on the car you know when you've done a full turn yes use the helper springs installation is a doodle on these there a great bit of kit I've got some and love them the fronts are on 4 turns and the backs are 6 turns its nice on the road not too bumpy and if I'm off on a jolly I turn the fronts to 8 rears to 10 :)

Clio 182 w/Cup pack
Thanks for the advice. Are you running the standard wheel spec? I am currently running 15mm spacers with 205/45/R16 tyres, front and rear. It seems to me that somewhere, there will contact between the tyres and the wheel arches.