ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South West Rolling Road at K-tec Racing: 21st January

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Ed Sheeran?

558501.jpg

:D

so december 2011 ;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Look forward to seeing what you guys come up with on the induction kit, When I was JMS we spent a fair amount of time playing with set-ups, Few creations were made, My favourite for the stock inlet -

DSC01197.jpg

Shame the V6 airbox was pulled from production!

Another one that showed good results was one used alot on the cup racers (picture from google, not my version) -

cuprs2ja4.jpg

clio-cup_1.jpg

Suffered high AIT's in traffic etc but a decent heat shield could of probably resolved the issue

Cooksport Fleet
To be honest, most will suffer from some sort of heat soak, however watching the AIT gauge taken from the OBD, it wasn't too bad.

Even when the AITs went up, they came down very quickly.

It is close to the clio cup setup, but relocating everything is much more tidy with the components we used. It's nothing fancy though

All in the name of fun!

How come you didn't Carry JMS on?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Do you remember what gains were made from the 2 setups at all James?

Back then it was development work between Torque of the devil & Surrey Rolling road so It was far from ideal using the two to compare but they were both Dyno Dynamics, the best set-up was the first using the v6 airbox, I remember one of the SRR days where a member had a V6 airbox with a feed running in front of the injectors and under the slam panel (no aircon is the only way it fits) and did a back to back with the airbox with no airfeed to the grill and then ran it with the feed, Pulled over 5bhp there & then, Can't recall the torque figure, was a good 2 years ago, maybe more!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
To be honest, most will suffer from some sort of heat soak, however watching the AIT gauge taken from the OBD, it wasn't too bad.

Even when the AITs went up, they came down very quickly.

It is close to the clio cup setup, but relocating everything is much more tidy with the components we used. It's nothing fancy though

All in the name of fun!

How come you didn't Carry JMS on?

The heat soak wasn't a major issue on the move, Traffic it built up fairly high but as said more development, decent heat shield could have proved a winner! I ended up building a heat shield set-up for the RS2, Worked great so could easily work on your set-up etc

DSC01404-3.jpg

Best part was an Evo naca duct fitted to the top of the bonnet to allow cold/high pressure air into the compartment, superb AIT's with that set-up!

DSC01398-2.jpg

With regards to JMS, It just wasn't working with myself & Tom, Didn't plan to get back into the scene so soon but every thing dropped into place and here I am!

Here's the setup I used to run, very close to the Cup racer setup and similar to a B16/B18 style Honda induction kit.

S1053481.jpg.html

S1053482.jpg.html

Made fantastic torque and power, here's some comparisons between the setup above and the V6 Airbox with 90 degree bend I ran previous to it.

Before Setup

SSR3.jpg.html

After setup

TOTDRR1.jpg.html

Not a great deal of difference in power (only 1bhp), however a massive hike of 5+ lb/ft of torque for essentially just changing the induction setup without specific calibration either. Both setups were complimented with...

Matched Inlets
Decat-back Exhaust
Same RSTuner map

So with a specific calibration it could well of made more power and torque, so can perfectly understand how that chap made 10+lb/ft of torque and a power increase in going from a shocking filter setup to a good setup.

Cheers
Nick

p.s. Will have to add pictures when i'm back from working away, for some reason its not working...

Last edited: