ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South West Rolling Road at K-tec Racing: 21st January

Megane 225 F1
But why has that made you glad you didn't come to an event that was good fun and provided some decent results?

Megane 225 F1
We chose to put our results up. You could have come and not uploaded? And you have just proved our point that because 1 member has a hissy fit about some decent results, it puts people off both K-tec and going to events.

Chip, is that the image you think the forum should have? Take a long hard think about what you're doing.

Mental 172 Cup
Look at it now you post your results up and get slated for it and then war breaks out

Haha, so your worried about going to a RR day because you dont wanna get slated for your results! Why would you be worried what people would think? I couldnt care what anyone says. its quite clear here that this 'Certain Person' has a problem because he things he is the Worlds Number 1 F4R builder, tuners, inspector and also is the king of the Rolling Road.

As Will. stated back earlier on is every single person gets hug up on the fact that your supposed to use the same RR to keep results accurate etc. That is exactly what I did and still then because I made an 'impossible' gain, this person is now trying to say that its at fault again. Utter joker!

mondeo titanium tdci
Its a dyno lottery where ever you go these days anyway I'm not put off by ktec at all mate and fair play to you for sorting the day out

mondeo titanium tdci
Haha, so your worried about going to a RR day because you dont wanna get slated for your results! Why would you be worried what people would think? I couldnt care what anyone says. its quite clear here that this 'Certain Person' has a problem because he things he is the Worlds Number 1 F4R builder, tuners, inspector and also is the king of the Rolling Road.

As Will. stated back earlier on is every single person gets hug up on the fact that your supposed to use the same RR to keep results accurate etc. That is exactly what I did and still then because I made an 'impossible' gain, this person is now trying to say that its at fault again. Utter joker!

I use power station as my rr used them for years and they ain't really liked on this forrum but each to there own

Mental 172 Cup
I use power station as my rr used them for years and they ain't really liked on this forrum but each to there own

I took my 182 to power station about 4years ago now and it made pretty good power, was a good day there.

I wont post the results just incase they are frowned upon ;)

Mental 172 Cup
Its a dyno lottery where ever you go these days anyway I'm not put off by ktec at all mate and fair play to you for sorting the day out

Exactly this, but in this case this was 2 seprerate dates but the same RR and same conditions just a different induction setup and everyones crying about it.

Im not bothered tbh, well happy with my results. The car drives miles better then it did before.

Ph2 Clio 172
My idea of a good Forum meet is to meet up, chat, then all come back to the forum and continue chatting. Unfortunately any chatting that could be going on is overshadowed by some pointless willy waving contest full of insults and abuse (partly caused by this forums pretty much non existent rules on swearing) that has created, for me at least, the impression that such meets are nothing more than a bunch of jumped up teenagers trying to proove they are better than each other.

I know that's not what happened, but threads like this are hardly making my want to be front of the queue for the next meet...

I think people just need to realise that the image of what they are portraying is more important than trying to win their own pointless individual battles.

Mental 172 Cup
Thats exactly what ive always thought it should be, though of late its getting pretty bad for trolling.

I was quite happy just to post my results and get on with life.

'Someone' on the other hand decided that that wasent good enough..

My idea of a good Forum meet is to meet up, chat, then all come back to the forum and continue chatting. Unfortunately any chatting that could be going on is overshadowed by some pointless willy waving contest full of insults and abuse (partly caused by this forums pretty much non existent rules on swearing) that has created, for me at least, the impression that such meets are nothing more than a bunch of jumped up teenagers trying to proove they are better than each other.

I know that's not what happened, but threads like this are hardly making my want to be front of the queue for the next meet...

I think people just need to realise that the image of what they are portraying is more important than trying to win their own pointless individual battles.

hit the nail on the head there skeeter spot on mate.

luke its not just "someone" its a trio of people. maybe this should be put to bed now

Mental 172 Cup
luke its not just "someone" its a trio of people. maybe this should be put to bed now

Its one person who starts anything, its weather it not it escalates. I only got my back up because there are plently of 'these people' on the forum doing it elsewhere and there is no need.

Thats me done. Everyone enjoy the pics :)

Ph2 Clio 172
Ooo look, a Clio
Ooo look, a Clio
Ooo look, a Clio
Ooo look, a Clio
Ooo look, a Clio
Ooo look, a Megan
Ooo look, a Clio
Ooo look, a Clio
Ooo look, a Megan
Ooo look, a Clio
Ooo look, a Clio
Ooo look, a Clio
Ooo look, a... Golf....wtf!

:)

Good pics Luke. How many people ran in the end?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I don't personally know any of the people in this thread. Wanted to read about the day.

Instead I find someone wanting to learn about a potentially fantastic new induction set up, but rather than politely being told it's in development and will have to wait, gets insults and spoken to rudely by a member, the company owner and a representative of CS?

Surely all this has done is made Cooksport look bad as when ever someone now searches Cooksport Induction they will get this! A member asking for more information, who is rightly skeptical due to his own knowledge and K-Tec's questionable past Rolling Road Figures (Thats from my experiences, not Chip), and receiving hazy misinformation coupled with an insulting tone in response.

It is at least good to hear that those that attended had a good time.

And Luke those pictures look fantastic!

Mental 172 Cup
I didn't take any videos I'm afraid as my camera isn't the best for videos..

Sorry lads..I can't do everything ;)

Megane 225 F1
Right guys. I've emailed Mark at PFC and he has responded with what he needs to do a feature.

Hi will

We need

Image if car - high resolution referenced to this......
Image of owner if possible
Owners comments
Andys comments
Stats
Type vehicle
Any mods
Graph

All sent on one package/disc

It's a big job!

Any group and venue images helps

Best Regards

Mark Dow
Publisher
Performance French Cars Magazine
French Car Show

If you would like your car featured, email me with details of your car, a scanned image of your graph and comments on your car. I shall handle the rest.

will7989@hotmail.com

I'll have to learn how to scan the graph with my new printer then Will. Great pics Luke especially of my sunshine bus.

Just for those that disbelieve the honesty of K-Tecs Rollers, this time last year my car made 208.8 bhp at Surrey Rolling Road. On saturday the reading was 201.1 bhp and I have not changed anything on the car.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Right guys. I've emailed Mark at PFC and he has responded with what he needs to do a feature.

If you would like your car featured, email me with details of your car, a scanned image of your graph and comments on your car. I shall handle the rest.

will7989@hotmail.com

Will, what is the time limit on doing this and getting over to you, i'm off to the states on Saturday for a week, but want to get the info over to you. I was intending to post the graph of it after its work, as opposed to the actual day, as Luke wasn't up early enough to photo mine as it ran first :rasp:

Cooksport Fleet
To set things straight from my point of view, the whole point in not claiming fantastic gains is because we haven't finished testing with it yet. I personally don't believe in leaving the development of the induction system to the standard air box as a result of no real decent gains from other makes/styles.

This forum should be about trying to gain as much knowledge about Clios as possible, whether it's through trial and error, previous experiences or development etc. I don't for one minute believe any member should be "shot down" so to speak, when attempting to develop any product, as the aim is to get as much power as cheaply as possible, is it not? So the more people willing to attempt modifications the more likely we are of achieving this goal! We haven't really explained any further about the induction system as we haven't tested it enough. Hence buying another development car. Luke saw a healthy increase in torque and power and no doubtably drivablity, I am quite shocked myself. His previous filter wasn't fantastic, but it even saw good gains over the standard filter.

However before making claims of BHP and torque figures without enough testing would be stupid and misleading. Luke only revealed his results from before an after from the same rolling road on a different day (the RR has ambient correction so this wouldn't be an issue). I understand that Luke was fairly defencive, but Chip clearly fuelled the situation. Im not really bothered about the whole arguement, however I do feel Chip was out of place not knowing the full story. Clearly the forum is for voicing oppinions and that's what everyone has done.

Chip, I was asking about your industry and your qualifications as I was just interested in your background, not to have digs at you. I do agree that qualifications aren't everything, you do need experience as well. Although a combination of both can't do any harm. I have a Motorsport Eengineering Degree, I run a race team and build a few race cars, engines and do a lot of chassis setups and development (for aftermarket manufactures also), I also dabble in race driver instruction.

On a lighter note, epic pictures taken by Luke, very well done to Ktec for running the day so smoothly and that's to Will for organising it!

Josh

Megane 225 F1
Come on people. I'm setting a 2 week deadline for this. I pretty much have the Cooksport info ready to go. In 2 weeks today I shall be posting everything off!

Ph2 Clio 172

Ed Sheeran?

558501.jpg

:D