ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some selfish little **** has scratched my car

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
20131029_122259.jpg

(Hope the image works - on phone at the moment)

So, not had any reason to use my car since Sunday and someone has felt the need to scratch the paintwork for me... whilst it was parked on my drive. They would have physically had to go onto my driveway to do this. Not at all happy. Put me in a rubbish mood all day. I know it wasn't like that yesterday morning so has been done sometime within 24 hours.

Just wondered what people would recommend? It's not too deep, but you can just run your nail in it.

Can't leave it like this for long. Also apologies for the angle of the photo, the sun was out at the time.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Hi

that's really bad news- I don't think you will get away without blending that into the door- I would say £200/250

If you need it done I can get it in the body shop & done / turned in probs 3 days- & free polish up.

regards
Steve

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Some mildly abrasive polish should bring that up much better. It's free to try :)

w*****s. I had the same not long back!

Had someone come down my drive and past other cars then keyed mine. Wallet £450 lighter!!!

Hope you get it sorted at a good price.

So far since owning the car (may) I have had -

Roof stabbed with pointed object twice
Car doors knocked into mine four times
Side strip scuffed
Front bumper scratched
rear bumper scratched
And a f**k load of stone chips all over the bonnet/front bumper.

Think yourself lucky, I'm almost at full respray point.

RB Clio 182
Selfish people, i hate them!

I doubt any type of polishing would help that tbh, as above a respray is the only way if you want it looking perfect again.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Gutted for you mate.. If this happened to me I think I would be physically sick! I hope it's not too costly for you mate.

Listerine & Poledo
Happened the day I got my MX-3.

nose-to-tail keying.

people are s**t. all of them. to varying degrees

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hi

that's really bad news- I don't think you will get away without blending that into the door- I would say £200/250

If you need it done I can get it in the body shop & done / turned in probs 3 days- & free polish up.

regards
Steve

Pretty much what Steve said above. I had the full side blended in, which actually covered several imperfections.....

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?500610-Thank-you-tossers

Really chuffed with the end result, but I was fuming at the time for the unnecessary expense and time needed to get it fixed.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?509761-Scratch-fixed-black-gold-182

Hope you get it sorted ok.

D.

Range Rover Sport
Lets set the OP a small fund up.

If everyone donated £1 within no time the member can have a perfectly good example again. Lets face it I'm sure we've all found at least a £ on the floor...

Range Rover Sport
Just a quick quote from 'sprayshack'.

Wing Respray : £70-150+VAT ( depending on colour and condition)

To be honest I don't think it's all that bad. Yes it is not nice but just a little TLC really.

Clio 172
was battle between french car & ditch on isle of Mull. Would have been ok but rear end hit the only road sign within a mile on way in! pretty gutted caus it was dodgy abs ring that caused brakes to fail & me to swerve into said ditch to avoid car in front. They'd stopped in middle of road caus they'd seen an otter or eagle or sumthin.. dont think it will buff out :(

Megane r26
I had this done to my old 197, proper wounder! If someone has a problem why don't they just knock on the door and sort it out?

Cowards!

Luckily me best mates a painter and works for a company called dents8 in Birmingham and he does all me paint. Highly recommend them, do all the super cars for torque project and reasonable.

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
Thanks for all the replies.

Spoke to someone I know who works for a local ETB and he told me to pop and see someone he knows and mention his name and he'd do me a good price. He had a look at it and quoted £120, so it's booked in for next Wednesday! :)

Surely a local body shop can sort that for around £120?

Absolutely spot on! Had a few quotes locally today. £295, £190 and £120.

Hi

regards
Steve

Seriously considered this Steve, thank you for the reply and quote. Unfortunately as I am in Kidderminster and starting a new job on the 11th so can't get any time off to come to you for 3 days/drive backwards and forwards a couple of times. Had I have been a bit closer you would have been top of my list. Thank you.

It looks like a massive scuff in that pic. Think it's reflection. Ha

Sadly, it is not!

Gutted for you mate.. If this happened to me I think I would be physically sick! I hope it's not too costly for you mate.

Exactly how I felt. Was gutting to see. :(

Theres far too much scum in this country. You can bet, itll be someone with no job!

Selfish people, i hate them!

I doubt any type of polishing would help that tbh, as above a respray is the only way if you want it looking perfect again.

That looks awfully lovely of them.
Least its one panel, could have done them all, then your really stuffed.

People just have little or no respect. As said, probably someone that doesn't have a job or anything better to do. Can't understand the mentality of these people. What makes them 'think' this is a good idea, or big and clever.

I had this done to my old 197, proper wounder! If someone has a problem why don't they just knock on the door and sort it out?

Cowards!

Luckily me best mates a painter and works for a company called dents8 in Birmingham and he does all me paint. Highly recommend them, do all the super cars for torque project and reasonable.

I haven't upset anyone that I know of - did hand my notice in at work, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it.
Thanks for the recommendation. Didn't waste any time though and got it booked in somewhere local. Just hope the little **** doesn't do it again once it's all done.

Ok

120 is very cheap though- i hope they do a good job!

Yes you'll be talking a spot repair, with a lacquer blend & all trim left in situe.............quick and dirty & will probably come back to haunt him, more crap in the paint than he started with thats for sure, and bricking it every time you polish the f*cker in that area.

Ask them exactly what they are doing for that money.......and compare what others are doing......

Last edited:
I know the feeling if selfish arse holes. Walked out of the missus's house the other day to find some little scumbag kicking a football against my car! I shouted to him wtf do you think your doing get you and your ball the f**k away from my car. No word of a lie his reply was "pfft its only a clio its just french pish anyway" The boy looked about late teens and dressed in a tracksuit and spoke as if he thought he was a hard man. but anyways as i replied angrily saying its not the point f you think its french pish and all that he still continued to kick the ball against my car. so at this point i had had enough of his shite stole the ball and put my silverline stanley knife through it!

he walked off in a huff and said he was going to get his "crew" to come back we him.

may be a bunch of lowlife jobless chavs but i think i better find another place to park before the young team get near my car.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I just got my R26 on the road the other week, my girlfriend was at work the other night and had parked the car on the street, i went down and picked it up when i came home from work.

She told me when she got home that 8 cars on the street had been very badly key'd around 15mins later.

Thank f**k i wasnt working late that night!!

I honestly dont know what peoppe can get out of this, damaging someones car has to be the lowest of the low!

Clio 172
had enough of his s**te stole the ball and put my silverline stanley knife through it!
[/QUOTE]

don't move car! we got the screenplay to Gran Torino 2 unfolding here :)

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
Well, she's back and restored to her former glory!
Had a full quarter respray and blend with door all for £120. Really pleased with the result!!

Few (poor quality) pictures, will get more tomorrow when it's daylight!!

20131106_190017.jpg

20131106_190101.jpg