ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Solution to whistling wing mirror

Hi all, Since I've had my Clio it's always generated a really annoying whistling noise from the driver's side wing mirror. As I drive with my window open all year round I had to get this fixed, yet I didn't find any solutions online or on cliosport.net - Some people said the whistling was due to a small hole underneath whereas the passenger side wing mirror has a temperature probe. I taped up this hole but it made absolutely no difference so I knew it wasn't that.

I eventually noticed that the whistling noise was being generated by one of the joins in the wing mirror, as it had sagged over the years enough to leave a small gap.

I jammed a small plastic spacer underneath the mirror to prevent this sagging and it has been fine ever since. Just thought this small tip would help someone out there with the same issue as I hear it's quite common.

Photo attached of where the spacer needs to go

Attachments

• mirror.JPG
    mirror.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 209
This might be what I need, there's a whistle coming from mine when I go above a certain speed. Always put it down to wind deflectors but you've probably saved me earache :D

This might be what I need, there's a whistle coming from mine when I go above a certain speed. Always put it down to wind deflectors but you've probably saved me earache :smiley:

Let me know how you get on:) Mine was awful around 35mph as the whistling was so annoying. Since jamming the thin piece of plastic in the gap underneath though the noise has gone!