ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Socket / Tool Sets?

Rs200t lux
Go for halfords pro
I bought a set when I was 21 I'm now 51 and the set is still going strong
Broke a 17mm socket buy putting a scaff pole on the end of my ratchet and it got replaced under the lifetime warranty

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
And if you don't know, Wera offer a warrenty on all of their tools, you don't need a receipt, just ring up, say the tool is broke and they'll send you out a new one.
So in that case do you even need to own the tools? Ring up every once in a while for different parts, after a year or two full set for free!

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
So in that case do you even need to own the tools? Ring up every once in a while for different parts, after a year or two full set for free!

Worth a try. My wera ratchet screwdriver is broken actually so I'm going to ring them on Tuesday

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
If what he said is true, no you don't. But it's fraud :smiley:

This what the guy told me when I was buying mine. Direct from wera, not a secondary reseller.

And a guy at work snapped a 12mm Allen key by Twatting it with a hammer in a chuck, rang up and the lady sent a new one out no questions asked.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Just to confirm
The trade card worked on the £125 170 piece set. Saved me 15 quid

Happy days

FF Orange Clio 182
Yep, discount worked even after the assistant said it wouldn't. I've just bought the 200 piece set for £125 with a trade card, £100 without VAT. The sets huge (physically) :smile:

BG Clio 182
Another good way is to do it online and collect in store.

If the store has it in when you check out it'll say collect within one hour (it's usually within a minute, don't need to wait an hour to be honest!)

What you then do is get the discount code off the Internet for 10 percent off. I got the 200 piece set for 135 this way. Worked perfectly. Even pay it in store. Easiest 15 quid I ever saved

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
As a heads up Halfords Professional socket sets are half price at the moment, and until tomorrow web orders/reservations on all tools also get an additional 15% off.

I'm just about to go and pick up the 200 piece socket set for £127.50.

:grinning:

Can you ? [emoji15]
Where do you type in your Trade Card Number ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account and log in. There's a bit under my account to add your card number then on items it shows you trade pricing if they're eligible.

Create an account and log in. There's a bit under my account to add your card number then on items it shows you trade pricing if they're eligible.

I found it after my last reply.

Cheers though buddy.

It seems the public get ripped off when you see what us Trade lads get our stuff for [emoji15][emoji23]
IMG_0125.jpg
IMG_0124.jpg
[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I had to replace a few things the other day in my advanced set.

My 1/2 inch to 3/8 adapter snapped the other day and Halfords were out of stock of them so they just took down a packet of 2 for £5 and gave me that. I didn't have to show my receipt or anything, it's amazing knowing I'll have that for life!

I need to sort out my trade card too.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Do you have to actually show them the damaged part for the Halfords warranty?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I had to replace a few things the other day in my advanced set.

My 1/2 inch to 3/8 adapter snapped the other day and Halfords were out of stock of them so they just took down a packet of 2 for £5 and gave me that. I didn't have to show my receipt or anything, it's amazing knowing I'll have that for life!

I need to sort out my trade card too.

Trade card, how will you get one?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
f**king yoda I am.
Find a friendly person at halfords. I went in buying some stuff and the guy was just like "do you have a trade card?" So I said no and he just went "do you want one?"

That was pretty much it. Just went through some info with him and sorted. He knew I wasn't working for a garage or anything but didn't care. Makes no difference to them.