ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Socket / Tool Sets?

A SHED!
Thread Bump. Im looking at buying the 200 piece advanced kit from halfords with discount etc it'll be £157. Judging by the views on here. It's a good kit?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Thread Bump. Im looking at buying the 200 piece advanced kit from halfords with discount etc it'll be £157. Judging by the views on here. It's a good kit?

My 170 piece kit has been faultless for around 5 years or something. With the lifetime warranty there isn't really a lot to worry about tbh.

A SHED!
DSC_1675.JPG
£157.50. Can't go wrong really. Just need a few more bits. Could do with a bigger breaker bar mind. Also which type of spring compressor and track rod end remover would everybody go for? Not a fan of hammering out threads. Cheers

1.6 Clio, 330Ci Bmw
Only problem I find with the Halfords set is, that the 1/4" deep sockets, aren't all that deep to be honest. I like using them to undo seized brake nipples with, but they don't go all the way down and touch the caliper/cyclinder.