ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So the PS3..

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Finally going to get around to buying one, once my bonus comes through this month as there's a few games I want to play (finally)

Will probably be buying the 120gig slim. Is this YLOD prevalent on the slim ones? All I seem to have managed to glean from other forums is that the PS3 is worse than the 360 for failure rates :p

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
look after it and it'll be fine. its people that lather dust over their consoles and throw them around that get problems

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the slim version is a lot better i'm lead to believe.

The usual. Cod, GTA, Killzone is good.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Any multi platform stuff I'll still buy for my 360 tbh, just the PS3 exclusives (and some American games which are region locked on the 360) that I'd be getting for it

I have all three consoles , ps3 is my blu ray player (xbox my main games console). It is a little funny with the internet function and sometimes freezes or "forgets" my wifi but I have never had a problem with games, I dont like the ps3 controller but hey ho, i like to have all bases covered. Get Little big planet, the uncharteds, both fall of man, kill zone, god of war Demon souls is amazing ( i imported mine) there is no PAL like with the xbox, you can buy them from all over the world as you say.
I play my xbox more but the blu ray is cool. It also upscales dvds so they look better.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Demon's souls and heavy rain both good exclusives on ps3. My original 60g ntsc machine packed up with ylod 2 weeks ago ( easy enough to fix tho ) it lasted 4 years problem free and got hammered every single day, did well imo. Got a 120g slim and it seems all good so far but then its only been 2 weeks;) not heard anything on the net about the slims having ylod etc yet tho.... time will tell:D

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
just for the record ive got a release 60gb and its on nearly everyday for minimum 2.5hrs and its never had an issue. just look after it and you'll be fine.

Demons souls is an absolute must, nothing else! PAL version out now too!

Just don't go killing all the NPC's (at least not until you are asked too;)) as they come in very, very handy!

My PS3 is awesome for paperweight duties, dust collecting and drowning out the sound of low flying aircraft on the occasions Fairford has an Air Tattoo on.

Bus w**ker
All I seem to have managed to glean from other forums is that the PS3 is worse than the 360 for failure rates :p
I'm on a US release day 60Gb fat...and so far it's been flawless but it has got a bit noisey over time (just jinxed myself lol). I only know of Gally's dying, so I can only guess the forums you've read have been full of 360 fanboys/retards.

SG9 Forester STi
PS3 FTW :) Fallout 3 is a must, Resistance 2, Resident evil 5, Kane & Lynch & Heavy Rain are also some games that I've really enjoyed.

Yet to get the uncharted games but they're next on my list.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I'm on a US release day 60Gb fat...and so far it's been flawless but it has got a bit noisey over time (just jinxed myself lol). I only know of Gally's dying, so I can only guess the forums you've read have been full of 360 fanboys/retards.

Was AVForums PS3 section, so probably just PS3 people :p

I doubt it's pretend.

I'm sure there's nothing a blast of compressed air every now and then won't fix

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
As said already, get uncharted and killzone, both should be cheap now. Also, heavy rains good but once your done you don't really want to go through it again. Gt5 should be out in November and then there is killzone 3 and uncharted 3 due out next year.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I barely play Forza 3, so I doubt I'll be getting GT5P

Will almost certainly get GT5 if it ever comes out

To think a few years back I almost bought a PS3 just for GT5, lol

S3, Polo
Uncharted 2. (Now £15!). And Uncharted 1 (more repetitive, but still cool).

Killzone 2.

God of War 3.

Battlefield Bad Company 2.

LittleBigPlanet.

Heavy Rain. (Never played it, supposed to be excellent).

Dirt 2.

GT5.

Never had a YLOD, but did have a failed BD drive about 6 mths after I bought my 60gb release-day unit. It was replaced FOC and aside from that, it's replacement has been faultless.

I thought KZ2 wasn't that great a game. Sure, it had some very VERY good bits, but overall, I found it annoying and drawn out. It also suffers BADLY from 'oh I'm 3ft tall' syndrome.

Good in isolation but soundly trumped by some of the best shooters. Too many 'I love it - oh no I hate' it moments. Not a game that I'll ever put in my list of top shooters. Great graphics though. For low-res jaggy shite ;)

MY10 R35 GTR
now that F12010 is coming out and so is GT5 I think my ps3 will be gettin used alot more and the xbox will be getting boxed up.

GT5
SBKX
COD (Any)

and your sorted

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
:( my blu-ray drive is broke at the minute, sod paying Sony £130 a replacement! I have ordered the laser assembly for £40 to fix myself as it has no warranty left anyway.

Also this is my 2nd 60gb off of Sony and on this console some tool left out the screw that holds on the top cover, so i can dis-assemble it without removing the warranty sticker....WIN

Is MGS4 worth looking at ?

Looking at is the majority of what you'll be doing once that disc goes in ;) The ratio of cutscene to actual interactive gaming is heavily skewed to the sit on your ass for hours on end watching end of the scale.