ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So from this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
Especially private sales, from somewhere near Portsmouth ;)
Haha ... I really should have moved after selling my 172! Not because I was worried about the 172, but because Nik and Day came round unannounced (where they'd been with you that day) when Nik got his Trophy and the missus has never got over it ;).

172, Tiguan
Corr ... I actually take a step outside of General Chat for once, and it's a roller coaster ride of a thread!

Buying cars is always a nightmare, and to prove the point I've been told I've got to ring up Citroen today, since one of the keys has packed up, and now I've got to argue with them about how the first year warranty on a Citroen Approved used car is as per a new car and so should cover everything.

Anyhows, there's a different point ... if Richardson ever has enough, what are you thoughts on much older men? I love redheads; you've got great spelling and grammar; you've fire in your belly about things being done properly. It'd be fun! :evil: ;)

Deviant! LOL.

320d
I had a similar problem when I bought my 1.2 Evans Halshaw lost the service book and manual. In the end they got me a service book and stamped the service they'd done. I then had to go to Arnold Shark and get them to stamp the service they had done.

Luckily at less than 2 years old it had only had two services so wasn't hard to trace its history. The bloke I sold it too didn't even no what a service was anyway so it wouldn't of mattered come resale either way.

I actually had to buy a manual off ebay too. I should have persued that realy but I just wanted a car and I got it dirt cheap so was more bothered about driving it.

Hope you get it sorted out though, If you pay for a car with FSH that is what you expect. I'm sure you won't but just don't back down and make them sort it out.

E90
19 Pages and no conclusion, thank fcuk you don't work for the United nations.

I'd rather have 0 service history and know its been to someone like Rentech for every service, as opposed to some 17 year old YT pleb doing it at Renault, before ragging it up the road on its brake test, FSH is only as good as the guy who's doing it.

Barge
Have you read any of the latest posts, Dave, about what's happening? No?

Right, then C.B.H!

I have to give them the opportunity to correct this. I can moan that they've had since last Thursday all I want, but they've got till this afternoon to find the book on site. If not, it'll move onto the next stage - as I've already said about 50 f**king times.

E90
Calm down dear LOL

I don't have the time inbetween quaffing champers and Foie Gras to read an entire thread.

3 K buys my golf, I'll even deliver it.

Barge
Well, it seems that my calling round the dealers from where one it's previous owners has, thankfully, turned up a record of a service in February 2007.

I contacted Evans Halshaw and provided the details. Adam has ordered a new service book today, called off the search for the old book, and is going to ring Renault Orpington and get a new book all fully stamped for me.

It's such a relief, however it doesn't mean they're going to get of any more lightly. ;) When I have the service book in my hand, I'll do a Les Grossman on their ass.

Thanks everyone for comments, and especially Steve Murr who provided some really useful advice via PM also.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Oh, well thats a bit boring.

So no real harm done, just a bit of stupidity from the dealer/salesman.

Barge
The sound of relief in the salesmans voice was ridiculous. I think he'd been knee deep in old service books for most of the morning!

Barge
Don't worry Willy, they won't be getting off lightly. When I have in my hand what I want then I'll still write to their Head Office. Muwhahaha.

Thanks Lou.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Don't worry Willy, they won't be getting off lightly. When I have in my hand what I want then I'll still write to their Head Office. Muwhahaha.

Thanks Lou.

Meanwhile at Evans Halshaw HQ...

Waste_paper_bin.jpg

Barge
LOL probably. TBH, I just want to drop them in the s**t, he still bought a car in with no service book and sold something to me at that time which wasn't what they described it as. He deserves a bollocking or "s**t rolls downhill" he said. Affplimsole!

WOW.. TEN PAGES OF TRIPE. Where do I claim compensation for my life lost?

Women are so f**king moany. I wondered if you'd ever get bored of repeating the same thing 20x a page.

Happy Friday.

Good luck with this one Jon.

Barge
Blow me, gorgeous.

Don't let the door hit that pretty face on the way out!

Cheers, Claire. Same to you and the poor monaco :(

Barge
LOL I won't be Mike. CBA. But one of the NE lot might help with a PC at some point when it's warmer. It'll be the first and last one it'll ever get probably. :)

Edit: Sorry missed your post Aluco. Yes, I've no reason to complain now they've - well I've -found the missing history. It'll be as they sold it, which I was happy with.

I still hate them for f**king it up, but meh.

Last edited:
  Better than yours. C*nt.
You definitely bought the wrong colour then... My Vee is littered with RDS' and such likes and it bugs the f*ck out of me!

Women are so f**king moany. I wondered if you'd ever get bored of repeating the same thing 20x a page.

Happy Friday.

Lolz.

Polishing a car for hours every weekend doesn't interest me. Wash. Dry. Done.

Oh how things have changed. You used to spend hours and hours cleaning the blue shed.

At least it's all sorted now.

Mini Cooper S sport
Ah all sorted.

Good news, although I was kind of hoping you'd go in there Lara Croft-style and kick their cheap shiny-suited asses.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Happy Friday.

LMAO!

So will you be taking it to Renault for every service now?

Didn't think so... there goes your FRSH you spent so long getting ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.