ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So from this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Also if it hasnt been said, id phone the DVLA and explain the situation and also maybe get them to send you comformation in writing thus far you will have the relevant evidence should you have to take this the full road.

What are they doing about your 197 being advertised on their website etc?

Id imagine this mess would have been 50x worse had your car rolled off the forecourt prior to you're knowledge of no service book?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Exactly. If its a minter,low milage yadda yadda yadda i'd keep it anyway, just make sure your well compensated.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Spoke to Dan today, he has a silver one in with 17K on the clock, i told him you were struggling, he said phone him if you want to look and sort a deal.

He informs me it is mint but needs belts this year!

Just to drop it in the mix, he also apologised for being slow to respond due to his injury!!

:)

Barge
Ringing DVLA tomorrow.

I'm not happy keeping it when I've been lied to by them. Quite frankly I'm disgusted in their terrible business processes.

Dan text me the other day, Ste. Don't want to do anything with anyone really till this mess is sorted.

Last edited:

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I think by going off how you're feeling I'd just have your old one back.

Shame you want the cash difference as the R27 is very nice.

Barge
I have to give them time to correct this error, Fossie. So it'll be into next week before I know what's happening really. However, if they don't find the book and I get no luck ringing dealers then we'll see what happens.

R27 is lovely. TBH there's not really a lot wrong with the 182 except for this SH issue and it's pulling to the right (which it didn't do on test drive) so I think its tracking is out, but if I'm keeping it I'll raise that.

So if they find it has FSH, you have to keep it but if they can't prove that by speaking to 982389 dealers in the south, then you're free to swap back?

With regards to the tracking, you've got no hope. They'll say you did it as it wasn't happening when you bought it.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Who's to say they don't get a service book and make it up or at least "fill in some gaps" if it can't all be proven, especially if they'll get a bollocking if HO find out. Wouldn't be suprised if it "turns up".

Better than yours. C*nt.
I can think of a million people I'd sooner piss off than you, m'lady... Best of luck sorting it! :) Shame it's taken the edge off a car which by your own admission is otherwise pretty good...

Barge
Who's to say they don't get a service book and make it up or at least "fill in some gaps" if it can't all be proven, especially if they'll get a bollocking if HO find out. Wouldn't be suprised if it "turns up".

I said that to him earlier and he said no chance they'd do that as it's illegal, and as if they'd risk it being the big chain they are. Those were his words. He sat and said to me tonight... "Vicky wouldn't have bought it from us if it didn't have full service history. It'll have it. But obviously I can't say that." See what I'm f**king up against!

I can think of a million people I'd sooner piss off than you, m'lady... Best of luck sorting it! :) Shame it's taken the edge off a car which by your own admission is otherwise pretty good...

Yep. I'm one of the worst people to piss off, I make lives hell till I get my way. I'm the worst sort of customer in all fairness.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
No worries. But it's nice to see you've approached the subject with him. Although it's a big chain it's a couple of salesman with targets and comission on the line. Bet they would bend a few rules for it if they thought no one could or would find out.

Barge
No worries. But it's nice to see you've approached the subject with him. Although it's a big chain it's a couple of salesman with targets and comission on the line. Bet they would bend a few rules for it if they thought no one could or would find out.

I'd ask for them to provide me with printouts from the system TBH. I'm no fool in that respect. I'll want concrete evidence it's been serviced.

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Feel bad for you, but I'm amazed you of all people took the word of some slimey car salesman and didn't check the history of it before buying. Don't buy into this cooling off period either, that's a load of bollox, just get your car back and go elsewhere...

Barge
I've had a look and it's 24 hours on a used car... However technically it's been mis-sold therefore IMO they've broke their side of the bargain withholding the book, or indeed selling it to me under the assumption it was in the car. Mistake from me was nor checking on swap day, but their side is full of lies.

They sound very incompetent.

Do you know the previous owner, or the dealer very very well? Maybe they are trying to come across as personal, but using previous owners first names when refering to things sounds like they are a dealership with less staff and customers than your average family.

'Vicky would never want to cause you this much bother. Vicky would usually leave service history in a comprehensive pack for Gary to find.'

I dont give a f**k what sticky vicky would have / should have done. Just get me the gawd damn service history to prove the fact of whether I own this or the R27!

Barge
I don't know the dealer from Adam, literally. Don't know previous owner either.

They've been very incompetent throughout which will be raised with H.O Evans Halshaw. CC RUK as I said. :)

Oh and the FSA re the fraud!

Mini Cooper S sport
Jesus Christ, what a total PITA.

Why are you obliged to give them more time to sort it out? The car was sold under false pretences. I'd just want to be out of there with the R27 :(

Barge
Procedures apparently. They're confident it has it so I have to give them time to find it. Gay, but if I don't allow them time I'm being unreasonable - that's from Statutory Rights iirc.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Haven't they had 8 days already?

I would say that's time enough, a solicitor consultation would have been had just incase this doesn't go well needy.

Barge
I'm on a half day today so I'm calling Trading Standards, and I'm currently finishing a letter off which is going to H.O Evans Halshaw recorded delivery today as well as a copy to the Manager of Evans Halshaw and Dealer Principal.

A letter will also go to the FSA.

Barge
I have to call Trading Standards anyway to log the complaint.

TBF, they should never of pissed me off in the first place!

Yeah, wait until the agreed deadline to send off letters and complaints.

Obviously do the background work like getting solicitor letters etc, but don't submit anything just yet.

Just out of interest, would a Inferno FF 182 on 43k interest you?

I would love an R27, RB wouldn't be my first choice but you never know!

Barge
Ha. If it was any colour than inferno then possibly.

TBH, I'm not arranging anything until I know what's happening with regards to either getting mine back or getting this sorted. :(

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
I have to call Trading Standards anyway to log the complaint.

Several people at the dealership have witnessed the log book, its been misplaced.. no one ( un-til the log book is found) has officially lied and at the moment its an honest mistake.

You're going way OTT with this IMO

"They told me it had FSH and it hasnt" what are trading standards going to do about it?

Barge
They've mis-sold the vehicle. If they've lost the book they've no way of proving any of the servicing before the ones they hold - especially if they can't contact the old owner and if my search today with the dealers around the London address turn up nothing. As said in a previous post, they've been given till lunch today to find it on site - then we go down the previous owner route. The last time they saw the service book was June 2009! He admitted they bought in the car from the previous owner without the book - and he knows he'll get a bollocking for that! And by their own admission, they sit in a box in an archive somewhere!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
But you dont know that yet.. it has one service missing which has more than likely been carried out at another Renault dealer somewhere else? in which case a new book can be all stamped up, job done.

Its an annoying situation but personally id wait for all the info before doing all this.

And do you have something in writing that states the car has full service history and that youve been mis-sold it? or is it all he said/she said

Barge
Hence the search today to find out if any of the dealers around the previous owner have history. As I've said, if that's the case then fine the book can be stamped and I don't have a problem. I have a problem with their incompetence and bare-faced lies.

If they can prove everything they've said is true that's fair enough, if they can't then we have issues. Regardless whether they correct this or not, there will be complaints submitted for their ridiculous incompetence and the problems throughout this deal, including contacting the FSA about condoning fraud.

As said, I'm the worst person to annoy and from day two of this deal, they have done.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
Corr ... I actually take a step outside of General Chat for once, and it's a roller coaster ride of a thread!

Buying cars is always a nightmare, and to prove the point I've been told I've got to ring up Citroen today, since one of the keys has packed up, and now I've got to argue with them about how the first year warranty on a Citroen Approved used car is as per a new car and so should cover everything.

Anyhows, there's a different point ... if Richardson ever has enough, what are you thoughts on much older men? I love redheads; you've got great spelling and grammar; you've fire in your belly about things being done properly. It'd be fun! :evil: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.