ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

snapped wheel stud

RS Clio 182
iv not had the car long and it had just had 2 new front tyres before i bought it, went to whip the wheel off tonight and one snapped, idiots have obviously just used a windy gun instead of a torque wrench, anybody had this problem, what would you do to get it out?

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
If the wheel's off just get some mole grips on the stud, or drill it and use easy outs, or weld a nut/bolt onto the end..

MK2 172 FF
Take the disc off and wind the rest of the stud out with a pair of mole grips

this is what i have done in the past and its worked. other option is to take it to a garage. id drive a car a few miles with only 3 wheel bolts on a wheel to get it fixed

RS Clio 182
yeah ill try and take the disc off, good thinking, im just not sure mole grips will loosen it, as its very tight (well tight enough to snap it), do you think stilsons(think thats waht they are called) will get it off, i dont mind driving it with 3 studs it will be fine but it will have to be fixed for peace of mind, iv got kids lol

Westy. MX5
Your other option is to drill out the stud, it takes a long time and lots of drill bits. Best to take the caliper off then the brake disc and drill from the back as there is less metal to remove. if you can take it to an engineers workshop they would use a pillar drill and do it quicker. Last option is to buy a new brake disc.

RS Clio 182
iv got the wheel off (ill get some pics up soon), iv removed the disc and tried hammer and punch, mole gpips and stilstons, iv even tried hammering on a smaller 12 point socket but its to soft and just rounds off, it aint budging, im going to have to replace the hub, is it possible to just remove the plate on the front or do i have to replace full hub, any help would be much appreciated, cheers james