ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

smoothing for colour coding

clio rxe

im gonna colour code some of the interior of my clio, but the plastic has that stupid rough finishing, is it possible to smooth it out, and is it more hassle than its worth?

you can do it with P38 filler or a lot of coats of hi build primer but you will need to spend ages doing it. My mate had his Fiesta Zetec dash and doorcards smoothed at a bodyshop and it looks mint.

:confused:

Why the hell dont you just sand it down, when i did my exterior trim, i smoothed it off wiht 80 frit sandpaper, then 240 grit grey ali/oxide,a nd the finally 600 grit wewt an dry, toom me about 10 mins to do each baseplate, and cost pence.

Surley as the dash flexes the filler will crack?? Thats why you cant use ordinary car body paint, the paint must conatin a plasterciser(sp) - omething to make it flexable

clio rxe

ive donw some of my interior with normal paint, primer and laquer with no cracking or flaking, will try the sanding techinque you describe

The professional job costs about £700 but they do the lot for that and the dash comes out in a proper bodyshop finish. Ill be getting mine done as soon as I can get the cash together...could be a long while.

Ive been trying to find some pics for you but I cant find any of his car.