ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smoooth 16V!!

Im having the hole left hand side (passenger) of my 16V resprayed in about a month, im getting thouse stupid black side strips taken off and filled (on both sides) and the lock taken of and smoothed, but im also contemplating about geting it de-handled as well!?! One of the reasons i love my valver is the central-looking but having no passenger door handle means every time i get in i will have to lean over to let others in and i cant be arsed with that!! BUT......it would look f**king gorgious!!! TOTALLY smooth! .............. shall i do it?.......is there anything i can get too open the door from the outside with no handle? a door popper or somthing?

One more thing, i was thinking of getting a set of m3 mirrors with the indicators on and smothing off the ones on the wings.....is that illegal? or ok seming as they will be on the mirrors?

Andy.

172 M69 eater

Quote: Originally posted by AndyV_16V on 06 September 2003

Im having the hole left hand side (passenger) of my 16V resprayed in about a month, im getting thouse stupid black side strips taken off and filled (on both sides) and the lock taken of and smoothed,

fair play its gonna look good!

but im also contemplating about geting it de-handled as well!?! One of the reasons i love my valver is the central-looking but having no passenger door handle means every time i get in i will have to lean over to let others in and i cant be arsed with that!! BUT......it would look f**king gorgious!!! TOTALLY smooth! .............. shall i do it?.......is there anything i can get too open the door from the outside with no handle? a door popper or somthing?

you need what i think is called a solenoid, but there has to b someway of openin the door from the outside to pass your mot. I have seen some sort of handle operation on a wing mirror

One more thing, i was thinking of getting a set of m3 mirrors with the indicators on and smothing off the ones on the wings.....is that illegal? or ok seming as they will be on the mirrors?

not illegal no - otherwise merc wouldnt be able to do it!!

Andy.

Mini Cooper S JCW

m3 mirrors........yeah u seen peeps do that all the time, its gotta be legal as beemers / mercs come with um as standard n no extra side repeater.

as for the doors, im sure u can get a solinode (if u call um that)...which pops the door open if u get it hooked up to ya alarm or something. gonna cost u a fair bit tho i bet!!

good luck, marc!

172 M69 eater

i aint got a clue where u could get one from but im sure someone will pop up in a minute with an answer for you!!!

oh and its a solenoid ;)

172 M69 eater

think its cus if u have an accident, then the paramedics or whoever would have no way of gettin u out or gettin to u without slicing the car to bits with a big metal cutting thing!!

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer

the way to get round it is to do what TVR do, under the wing mirror there is a small rubber bump, thats covering a simple PTM switch thats then connected to your door solenoid and bingo open doors?

seen it done looks well smart!

COSTS SH*T LOADS!

These TVR ones are cool, although before I knew of them I made a complete tit of myself at the scottish motor show, doing a dukesofhazzard entrance on a £50k car, guy from TVR stand was pissing himself, as were my mates since I am the one out of us all thats is supposed to be into cars hmm!

I have had mine doe mate,

All you need to do is get yours hooked up to the alarm button. And get the passenager door hooked up to the switch that used to lock all the doors in the center column by the gear stick. know the one I mean?

Have it done at Incar world in Chelmsford if you are interested.

Yep just have a button under the wing mirror so that when u undo the central lockin the passenger just has to press the button, it just opens the door not unlock it, theres loads of cars with it done. if u do that it wont be illegal.

have both handels done if ur gonna do 1

Mine looks so much better since it has been smoothed and de-handled and the sollenoids arent that expensive to buy, also means you can get rid of the internal handle and have a nice push button instead!