ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sloppy handling

Clio Sport 197 Cup
Recently I changed my steering rack bushes as the handling was all over the place. This made a huge difference. Now that's been done i seem to notice other underlying problems. The car when I go over bumps seems to have a wobble left and right even in a straight line at low speeds i.e. 30/40mph. Hard to explain but it really doesn't feel right.
From the description what should I look at replacing next to cure this.
-Ball joints
-Anti roll bar bushes and if so what size? I drive a FF 182.
-strut tops.

Or anything else. In the long run I will do it all but for now I need to stop this handling issue.

Any advice or help would be great. Thanks.

Clio Sport 197 Cup
It feels like tramlining a bit. If that's the term we use. The whole car moves from side to side going over bumps in the roads.
It's a tough one to explain.

Clio Sport 197 Cup
I'll have a look tomorrow. Next daft question..... How? Bare with. I'm kinda new to this. [emoji16]

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I'd jack the car up in the air and take the wheel off. Imagine a clock face and put that on the disc and hold the disc at quarter to 3 and give it a wobble. See if the disc moves at all.

Then do the same but hold the disc at 12.30 and do the same. See if that wobbles. There shouldn't be any play at all in both tests!

12.30 test checks for wheel bearing and bottom ball joint.
2:45 test checks for track rod end and inner track.

If you find yourself in the Kippax area of Leeds, feel free to let me know and i'll happily check for you mate! :)

Clio Sport 197 Cup
If it is the wish bone bushes are they easy to replace or would it be better replacing with new wish bones?

Clio Sport 197 Cup
I'm in Pudsey mate. So not far away. I might hold you to that buddy! Someone that can guide me in the right direction is always a help. Cheers

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
If it is the wish bone bushes are they easy to replace or would it be better replacing with new wish bones?

It's only £50 each for the wishbone which comes with bushes and new balljoints so it would make more sense to go for the whole thing (I think that might be non cup though, you'd have to check)

I'm in Pudsey mate. So not far away. I might hold you to that buddy! Someone that can guide me in the right direction is always a help. Cheers

Yeah, no worries at all mate!

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Just had to replace wishbone on R26 there. £180 and had to come from France :expressionless:

Same part for 225 - £70 from local motor factor

Merry f'kin Christmas...