ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

slight cracking/humm from tweeters

clio mk2 1.4 16v extreme
just had my headunit fitted, front components and amp in the back for the components.

regardless if the engine is on or off theres a slight little crackle/hiss/humm coming from the tweeters (only noticeable at low-mid volume levels) this is on all sources (cd/mp3/radio) what could be the prob, and surley the place i got it fitted should have sorted this out? any ideas?

also i thought the amp (97w rms) was pretty matched to speakers (85w rms) but i cant turn the volume past half/three queaters then it distorts. i havent fully messed around with sound settings so that could be why!?

the guy in the shop said he wouldnt have bothered amping them!? but everyone on forums has recommended to!?

ice = (pioneers p9800 h/u, infinity kappa components, and infinty reference amp)

cheers

John