ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oVerboost's Liquid Yellow 182

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Still can't figure out whether I like these or not. I agree they're nicer than the blanks with the bump.

Any more pics at different angles?
I'll try to get some tomorrow as it's dark now, if a rear wiper doesn't bother you and you use it, then I wouldn't bother but my past 6 cars have all been de-wipered so the Clio naturally got the same treatment lol.

2004 Racing Blue 182
I honesty don't know how anyone does without a rear wiper! my rear screen gets proper caked in shite! I have to spray and wipe it on pretty much every journey!

Does look better though, I'll give you that lol

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Small update...

Painted my door bullets for the time being until I can find some smooth ones, think they look a lot better and help break up the solid yellow on the sides a little.
Rubbed them down with a fine grade, then used alcohol wipe to ensure there was no silicone or anything that might react with the paint, air line dried and then 2 coats of primer sprayed evenly from all 4 directions, 2 coats of Ford Mercury grey metallic paint and 2 coats of bodyshop grade lacquer. Really pleased with how they look...

26608555838_ca537ddecb_b.jpg

40479497771_6d25328c6b_b.jpg

26608555558_e86cef845a_b.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
From way back when I had my BG.

I have the same caps on my white 2118s. What I will say is that my rear wheels needed spacing out as they wasnt flush with the caps. I bought 5mm PMS wheel spacers and its perfect now. Something to consider. I have pics of this if you need them.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
From way back when I had my BG.

I have the same caps on my white 2118s. What I will say is that my rear wheels needed spacing out as they wasnt flush with the caps. I bought 5mm PMS wheel spacers and its perfect now. Something to consider. I have pics of this if you need them.

I think I've got some 5mm spacers/shims which will be fine as the current rear spacers are hub spacers, thanks for the tip. :)

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Managed to wash the snow and crap off the car, gave it a quick detail and headed out for a few photos while it was dry earlier...
I may be a little biased, but anyone who doesn't think this colour isn't worth a premium is mad, when the sunshine hits it, for me, there's nothing better! :hearteyes:

39719701925_e3c77d0b92_b.jpg

38805245360_8444d29d08_b.jpg

40614747311_914c99436a_b.jpg

25744418417_2a304cebf1_b.jpg

Great to see some more decent photos of it now with the new touch's Chris.

Your own mark on the car is certainly shining bright now, looks fantastic don't change it, just some of those centre caps and maybe an engine bay clean up if it needs it :)

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Great to see some more decent photos of it now with the new touch's Chris.

Your own mark on the car is certainly shining bright now, looks fantastic don't change it, just some of those centre caps and maybe an engine bay clean up if it needs it :)

Yeah I need an engine cover (plastic one) then I’ll give the engine a good clean, it’s not dirty by any means just needs a once over.

I’ve ordered those caps actually in work, I keep forgetting to see if they’ve come in yet, I’ll chase them up tomorrow [emoji4]

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Well worth the money

I’ve always said you get what you pay for, especially with cars. You can find bargains, but I’ve been stung too many times with bad ones that start off good, and become money pits so hoped that this one would be a car I could enjoy using rather than fixing lol, so far, so good! [emoji4] (touches wood)

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to wash the snow and crap off the car, gave it a quick detail and headed out for a few photos while it was dry earlier...
I may be a little biased, but anyone who doesn't think this colour isn't worth a premium is mad, when the sunshine hits it, for me, there's nothing better! [emoji813]eyes:

39719701925_e3c77d0b92_b.jpg

38805245360_8444d29d08_b.jpg

40614747311_914c99436a_b.jpg

25744418417_2a304cebf1_b.jpg
LY suits the 182 shape well too. It's a shame it was so expensive, it would be nice if there were more to go around! I spotted a LY 182 on the M1 way back in 2005 and went to my local Renault dealer the next day. Unfortunately the child seat wouldn't fit the clio so I bought a Meg 225 instead. Took me 10 years to get a 182 and I know I should have held out for a LY one[emoji37]

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Well today I removed my front 16mm wheel spacers (hubcentric with longer bolts) and cured my steering vibration... Not sure what was the reason, as had the tyres changed, wheels balanced twice by different places, laser alignment checked and adjusted. Could be cheap spacers? Badly machined spacers? Longer bolts too long (although, after measuring they seem to be ok). Who knows... Have ordered some H&R bolt to hub spacers as hoping they will do a much better job!

I also painted my hub centre caps for the 2118's, they look so much better than the exposed hub nut IMO and weren't too expensive considering they were a genuine Renault part lol. Sadly, I forgot to take any pictures as was rushing to get everything done in the time I had.

Will post up some pictures of the new spacers when they arrive.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Popped out this morning for the South West CSOC breakfast meet, few people had to shoot off after food but a few of us went for a drive across the Moors and I grabbed a few photos when we stopped...

41006060881_3f2c0e831e_b.jpg

41006051231_91633c5e9a_b.jpg

26135171497_b7aba566bb_b.jpg

26135164077_4bd67b4621_b.jpg

26135155017_3efc21ed16_b.jpg

I've not really given the car a hard drive since changing the wheels/tyres and fitting my Whiteline rear ARB, but it really handled amazingly well, stuck to the road no matter how hard I was pushing and it was really enjoyable to have a drive out that wasn't for any particular reason, a drive for the sake of a drive. Really would recommend this setup to anyone wanting a decent fast road Clio, Cooksport springs, Cup shocks front and rear, polybushed throughout, Vibratechnics engine and gearbox mounts, Whiteline ARB and the Avon ZV7 tyres are superb for the money, we've had plenty of rain recently and even up and down the A38 the cars been superb, no skipping through puddles, no pulling of the steering at speed and no aquaplaning at all. They do have a A wet rating, which puts them on a par with the RainSports, but you never hear much about the Avon's when people ask for recommendations, but I'm certainly happy with them.
Future plans: I'm still considering a cage, and strip the rear seats as I never have anyone in the car but the mrs, and I'm still attempting to subtly change the appearance to make it "my own". We shall see.
Roll on Summer!!!

Last edited:
  2004 Racing Blue 182
Looking stunning man.

Also loving that twingo. If I could afford a daily and keep the RB for a toy, I think the twingo 133 might up toward the top of the list.

Nothing like just going for a drive for drivings sake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk