ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oVerboost's Liquid Yellow 182

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Lovely car, personally I'd have saved your money and kept the standard steering wheel and turinis though!

Standard wheel was too big, even with the steering wheel adjusted as high as it would go it would hit my knees. Besides, it's only money right? :)

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Kinda love it! Stupid bullet colour though. Standard ftw.

Bullets were like that when I bought it, they will be changed for some that match the wheel colour as soon as I can find what I'm looking for.

The advantage you get with the 15s is the price of tyres, the choice of tyres etc. I still have the Turinis but the rears need a small refurb and they all need a colour change if I decide to keep them as spares.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Here's another photo from the other night I forgot to upload... Hopefully the weather will improve soon so I can get some outdoor daylight ones! :(
26398290908_5d6dbf4e1f_b.jpg

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Yeah, I'm not sure whether to go yellow bullets with anthracite lettering / anthracite bullets with yellow lettering / just anthracite or smooth bullets with the decals although I can't remember who or where sells them anymore so if anyone has a link, would be much appreciated [emoji846]

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I'm not sure whether to go yellow bullets with anthracite lettering / anthracite bullets with yellow lettering / just anthracite or smooth bullets with the decals although I can't remember who or where sells them anymore so if anyone has a link, would be much appreciated [emoji846]
Sprayshack :)

With regards to the steering wheel, i'm all for the oem look and my car had a snappy re-trimmed wheel when I bought it, but i'm agreed that it is just too big @oVerboost. , I've still got it however and will never sell it........ I went for the 330mm Sparco however, wasn't sure at the time if 300mm would be too small? This is mine anyway;

37462317534_ab389bf0a7_b-jpg.1343394

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Yeah, I had a Momo 280 on the last Clio and a 330 Sabelt style one on my Twingo RS so thought I'd go in the middle this time lol.

As above, the standard wheel is too big for a car of this size. It looks wrong and it feels wrong IMO. A sporty car shouldn't have a massive steering wheel, plus the smaller wheel actually aids fast driving. I've also kept the snappy re-trimmed wheel because it'll be a nice addition in the future if I come to sell it, but as long as I have the car it won't be re-fitted. ;)

I'm thinking Sprayshack smoothed bullets in anthracite 205-110 colour with LY writing? Would tie in with the wheels and break it up a bit?

Yeah great minds think alike mate, I put up a wanted post in the wanted section for some spray shack bullets yesterday

I can't remember who or where sells them anymore so if anyone has a link, would be much appreciated [emoji846]

Sprayshack :smile:

😂

I still have the Turinis but they all need a colour change

No they don't :tonguewink:

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
😂
No they don't :tonguewink:

I know Sprayshack make the bullets, however I wanted just the decals to do it myself (or get a friend to do it with a bodyshop) I'm not that daft to ask a question when I've already given the answer previously in the same thread :p lmao.

And the Turini's need a colour change they are more of a flat silver, I'd want them to be bright silver or anthracite (sorry, I just love anthracite wheels lol).

I know Sprayshack make the bullets, however I wanted just the decals to do it myself (or get a friend to do it with a bodyshop) I'm not that daft to ask a question when I've already given the answer previously in the same thread :tongueout: lmao.

And the Turini's need a colour change they are more of a flat silver, I'd want them to be bright silver or anthracite (sorry, I just love anthracite wheels lol).

If you look out on eBay or similar for very late spec Clio's breaking (the MK2's with the smooth boot and bumper number plate recess), they have smooth bullets from factory. I picked some up for spare change not long ago, then the decals are available from n2graphix or whatever they are called. Or buy some normal 1.2 bullets and sand them, easy enough, or just bite the 'bullet' and give sprayshack your hard earned and job done :up:

Yeah anthracite works very well indeed on LY and if they were flat silver before then you made the right choice :hearteyes:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
A brief update...

The NS2R's were removed as two were faulty (had been sitting and had developed a problem it seems), so I've replaced them with a new set of Avon ZV7 tyres. Although reviews on these are mixed, the car is unlikely to get much track action so a decent set of road tyres are probably a more sensible option anyway. They are rated as A in the wet, and 69db noise levels so a lot quieter than the NS2R's were. So far, I'm impressed! As I said, reviews online range from brilliant to terrible, depending on what link you click and what car they're fitted to.
For me, they drive very similar to the Pilot Sport's I had fitted on my last Clio, very good in the wet, no aquaplaning or weird characteristics in heavy rain and standing water and even if pushed hard in the wet they grip really well - and they're not even scrubbed in great yet, so hopefully they'll get even better. Same profile as before 195/50/15 so no visual changes really to report but thought I'd add the info in for anyone interested.

Yeah I’ve had these tyres for a few months. Good value and decent

E92 M3, BG 182
Very very nice looking car :up:. If you decide to sell the 16" Turinis let me know :wink:

2004 Racing Blue 182
The car in the background is my friends Twingo RS 133 (also Liquid Yellow) which she had asked to have some photos taken of next time I was doing some so was happy to oblige.

26434443748_62de47ab9e_b.jpg

Did they do the original in LY? Think it was a better looking car

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Did they do the original in LY? Think it was a better looking car
Nope, just the facelift was available in LY, i had the original one but must say the facelift has grown on me over time.

And no pics of the friend, certainly not the kind your wanting anyway, don't think the Mrs would of been too happy if it was that kind of photoshoot! [emoji23]

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Well today my Whiteline rear ARB arrived so I fitted that, haven't really tested it out yet but it seems a decent bit of kit. Simple, but should add to the stiff Cup shocks and Cooksport springs and uprated bushes already on the car. Didn't take any photos of the ARB fitted to the car, as it was dark when I finished lol.
brr10z_1_1_1.jpg

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
This evening I fitted my private plates to the car as the paperwork came through from the old car, and also fitted my flush fit rear wiper delete that I bought from a guy off facebook (although he's now selling them on eBay if anyone wants one). Fitting was a little fiddly as I accidentally removed the plastic lugs that hold the plastic cover on the rear window when the wiper is fitted, however I got round this by having something sat against the rear of the acrylic wiper delete to push it flush with the glass. Happy with how it looks, as I'm not a fan of rear wipers on sporty cars, and the alternative wiper deletes seem to all have a horrible bump in the middle for no reason rather than being smooth.

39674102364_d36ffcc836_b.jpg

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
This evening I fitted my private plates to the car as the paperwork came through from the old car, and also fitted my flush fit rear wiper delete that I bought from a guy off facebook (although he's now selling them on eBay if anyone wants one). Fitting was a little fiddly as I accidentally removed the plastic lugs that hold the plastic cover on the rear window when the wiper is fitted, however I got round this by having something sat against the rear of the acrylic wiper delete to push it flush with the glass. Happy with how it looks, as I'm not a fan of rear wipers on sporty cars, and the alternative wiper deletes seem to all have a horrible bump in the middle for no reason rather than being smooth.

Have you got a eBay link for rear wiper blank please looks good

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member

Still can't figure out whether I like these or not. I agree they're nicer than the blanks with the bump.

Any more pics at different angles?