ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky HD Channels - f*****s!!!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Too f**king right they should remove them, you aren't paying for them by the sounds of it so you should be thankful you had them for so long, why should you get them for free when I have to pay for them?

The £10 is just to get HD on the channels you subscribe to, worth it IMO too as nearly everything I watch is in HD now. I didn't realise people who didn't subscribe to the channels still got them all in HD (excluding sports and movies) when paying the £10.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Too f**king right they should remove them, you aren't paying for them by the sounds of it so you should be thankful you had them for so long, why should you get them for free when I have to pay for them?

The £10 is just to get HD on the channels you subscribe to, worth it IMO too as nearly everything I watch is in HD now. I didn't realise people who didn't subscribe to the channels still got them all in HD (excluding sports and movies) when paying the £10.

This.

technically he IS paying for them. Having a HD subscription, and not getting all the HD channels is stupid imo. the HD subscription should mean your on a HD package for ALL HD channels. Not just sum.

Mini Cooper S sport
^^ thank you :)

I am f**king paying for them! When we first subscribed to Sky + HD we paid for the installation, then started paying an extra tenner a month to have all the HD channels - that's what the contract was for. Effectively an 'HD pack' - and a tenner extra a month isn't cheap.

Now they've taken it away, except for the HD channels on the packages we subscribe to - so we're still paying a tenner a month but for a hell of a lot less!

So shut the f**k up!

lol yeah, why should anyone get channels they arent paying for ?

And you.

Anyway we're going to cancel the extra we're paying for HD, it's not worth it - and you get BBC/ITV/Channel 4 HD etc for free anyway.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Can someone disagreeing explain to me why you should get Sky Sports HD or Sky Movies HD for example, when you don't pay for the Movie or Sports packages?

Like some sensible people have said above, too f**king right they should have removed them. £10 is for the HD package, it's not for Sports, Movies, Knowledge and HD.

Oh and Sky HD box FTW, black with both cup packs

Did some little scrote from argos install them or did you install them yourself, all makes the difference mind. I hope you relocated your fat mrs and removed the rear buttons to keep the weight distribution correct, cs doesnt approve of burds over size 6 iirc

Clio 172 Cup
Had the remote fully race balanced, powerflex buttons and carbon fibre wrap, 0 to sky 1 in 3 buttons.

I agree with the whole HD channels to Package system, in all fairness, £1 per month for each package isn't going to break the bank.

dk

911 GTS Cab

I am f**king paying for them! When we first subscribed to Sky + HD we paid for the installation, then started paying an extra tenner a month to have all the HD channels - that's what the contract was for. Effectively an 'HD pack' - and a tenner extra a month isn't cheap.

Now they've taken it away, except for the HD channels on the packages we subscribe to - so we're still paying a tenner a month but for a hell of a lot less!

So shut the f**k up!

And you.

Anyway we're going to cancel the extra we're paying for HD, it's not worth it - and you get BBC/ITV/Channel 4 HD etc for free anyway.
erm, no!

the hd package is to receive the channels you pay for in HD, its just sky were nice to people when they had fewer channels as they were trying to push it.

now theres 50 channels they are rightfully making people pay if they haven't got that package, theres a documentaries package or something, if you aren't paying for that, why should you get discovery, history and nat geo in hd?

i think you were either mis-sold what the HD package was or didn't read the contract properly, they've given you them free for a year+, now they are asking for you to pay for the channels you want to watch in HD, i have to buy them in SD and then buy the HD package ontop, so to be able to buy the HD without the SD is just wrong for people on sky world (high rollers ;) ).

like someone said, its only something like £1 extra anyway so its not the end of the world.

everyone has to pay £10 a month, every sky world people who already have all the channels included!

Last edited:
  Go cry to your momma!
have a look on digital spy for a thread called "help, my HD channels have gone" if you're still in your initial 12 month contract you can get them to put you back on the HD pack you previously enjoyed ;D

LY - Do you pay for the Sports and Movies? If not, were you getting the HD channels for them before sky cut them?

Nobody ever got HD sport and movies with the HD pack unless you pay for normal sport/movies.

Sky are exactly right to do what they do. Otherwise everyone would just have the most basic mix, add the HD pack and watch everything.

You've had it free for a year, now it's not free. If you don't pay for those channels in SD, you shouldn't get them in HD.

Nobody ever got HD sport and movies with the HD pack unless you pay for normal sport/movies.

Sky are exactly right to do what they do. Otherwise everyone would just have the most basic mix, add the HD pack and watch everything.

You've had it free for a year, now it's not free. If you don't pay for those channels in SD, you shouldn't get them in HD.
+1

Agree with DK etc tbh, actually thought this was the case anyway. If i'd have known that they were included I'd have paid £10 for HD instead of the extra £'s im paying for knowledge, entertainment, etc.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
i am not that fussed to be honest, the only one i am pissed about is Rush HD. i dont do football, cricket, rugby, boxing or golf etc all i like sportwise is motor sport and extreme sports so now i have to buy the full sky sports pack just for Rush HD......how about f**k off!

i am not that fussed to be honest, the only one i am pissed about is Rush HD. i dont do football, cricket, rugby, boxing or golf etc all i like sportwise is motor sport and extreme sports so now i have to buy the full sky sports pack just for Rush HD......how about f**k off!

No, you don't.

You can buy the News & Events pack for an extra £1 a month, Extreme, Motors TV and Rush HD are all included ;)

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

So shut the f**k up!

And you.

oooooh, meaw! it will cost you a couple of pounds a month extra to get back the channels that you have never paid for... im sure it wont bankrupt you :)

Inferno 182 CUP
i cancelled sky HD a month ago.

payed my £10 a month for 12 months god my box now f**k em .. its all a con.

i only wanted it for ITV and 4 HD anyway and there free so FU sky

Mini Cooper S sport
i cancelled sky HD a month ago.

payed my £10 a month for 12 months god my box now f**k em .. its all a con.

i only wanted it for ITV and 4 HD anyway and there free so FU sky

Plus a billion.

I think quite a few people have missed the point, but never mind.

dk

911 GTS Cab
lol, no we got the point, we just don't agree with you! ;)

and lol @ its all a con, i want HD tv, so i pay for it, i'm not forced to buy HD, its a choice, not a con

if you just wanted the freeview HD channels, why didn't you just go freesat then danny?

It's always worth phoning up and threatening to cancel if your peeved, my in-laws were on a bog standard SD package (Sport but not Movies) with the oldest Sky box I've ever seen, Sky recently called them to 'suggest' HD, they said no as they were thinking of cancelling Sky anyway...after a bit of discussion they came away from the phone call with the 12 month HD pack subscription and a new Sky+ HD box for absolutely nothing.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I've always been under the impression that the HD pack only gives you HD channels of the channels you subscribe too. I'm sure that's been in their T&Cs for a while now.

I got my HD installed in June, somehow sorted half price HD if we take multiroom as we don't subscribe to sports or movies. Never got any extra channels and never expected any.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
be a high roller like me and f**k sky off completely. Never had it, doubt i ever will tbh.

I'm just looking to invest in an hard driver freeview recorder box thing for about 100 notes. Only so I can record stuff like grand design LOL

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Weren't you looking for one those quite a while ago Seb? I remember a few years ago Sony used to make great ones, Humax too. Maybe worth looking into one that accepts Freeview HD if that's in or rolling out in your area soon. Grand Designs looks much better in HD lol

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah i was Vish, but just never got round to it. tbh, i don't really ned one but thought it may be nice to record a few things as i tend to miss them. would rather watch on big tv than on iplayer/40d etc on the laptop.

Mini Cooper S sport
lol, no we got the point, we just don't agree with you! ;)

So it's OK to pay ten pounds a month extra for something, then have most of it taken away - but still pay ten pounds a month for it? How can you disagree with that? I swear you just argue for the hell of it.

Sky offered to put all the HD channels back on anyway, so I don't know why they bothered changing it in the first place.

Here is someone who misses the point:

Can someone disagreeing explain to me why you should get Sky Sports HD or Sky Movies HD for example, when you don't pay for the Movie or Sports packages?

Like some sensible people have said above, too f**king right they should have removed them. £10 is for the HD package, it's not for Sports, Movies, Knowledge and HD.

You DON'T get HD movies and sports included in the £10 a month. At least get your facts straight before commenting.

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
So it's OK to pay ten pounds a month extra for something, then have most of it taken away - but still pay ten pounds a month for it? How can you disagree with that? I swear you just argue for the hell of it.

Sky offered to put all the HD channels back on anyway, so I don't know why they bothered changing it in the first place.

Here is someone who misses the point:

You DON'T get HD movies and sports included in the £10 a month. At least get your facts straight before commenting.

Ok, this is the point, yes you got the channels, but you weren't entitled to them forever with your contract, the £10 signs you up to the channels you subscribe to in sd to get as HD. That's the contract, the fact you got them all means you were lucky tbh, if you were told when you signed up that you got them all without having subscribe to them in sd then you mis-sold.

So, sky have the right to enforce the contract you s signed up to, you are still getting HD channels for £10, just the ones you are entitled to now. Most of the people in this thread agree with me, so I'm not arguing for the sale of it. I pay a f**k load of money to sky a month, why should other people get it much less because of a promotion sky did by letting people have it anyway for at least 12 months but then enforce it (which is ok by me), I can't see the problem.

If you hadn't signed up to movies but were receiving them, but then they took them away would you still complain?

As that's the same thing, the HD pack does not give you all the HD channels. Do you agree with that? (forget about sports and movies, just all the others)

Mini Cooper S sport
I wasn't mis-sold anything. Just to explain AGAIN, we paid the extra to have a Sky HD box installed, and the contract was to pay an extra ten quid a month to have the HD channels. That's why we paid the extra! No time limit was specified.

They've just decided to change it because now there are more HD channels. That's fine, new users won't know any different and it's their choice, but if that was the plan they should have said we would only get all the HD channels for a year..

Your movies comparison is ridiculous. However, if I was paying ten quid a month to have all the movie channels, and suddenly they decided to take 80% of them away then yes, I'd be pissed off.

The people who agree with you don't get it.

Anyway, they've put all the HD channels back on, which they would not have done if they'd told us it was only a promotion for a year or whatever. I think that proves it wasn't mis-sold.

Now stop arguing with me. You have your view, I have mine. Let's agree to disagree as always.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Flol, you'll never get it, if I was talking, I'd be wasting my breath.

By paying the £10 for HD channels it does NOT entitle you to have all the available HD channels except sports and movies. Only the sd ones you subscribe too.

You've been lucky and had them and you phoned up and moaned and they've given you them back, doesn't change the fact that contractually you are not entitled to them if sky decide to remove them again.

I'm going ring up sky and tell them to stop charging me for all my sd channels as I only watch HD and so want to pay £10 ;)

Mini Cooper S sport
LOL! Female logic FTW!

Yay me

Flol, you'll never get it, if I was talking, I'd be wasting my breath.

f**king ditto.

By paying the £10 for HD channels it does NOT entitle you to have all the available HD channels except sports and movies.
But it did when we signed up to it! Arrrghh!

You've been lucky and had them
No, not lucky, that was the deal!

Incidentally, since they put them back we now appear to have ALL the channels except sport and movies. We're not entitled to that! Maybe it's a present.

Inferno 182 CUP
Plus a billion.

I think quite a few people have missed the point, but never mind.

you should do it too mate - sky are robbing b******s and i am so glad i cancelled before i saw this thread now lol ..

i have my HD box so i have my HDMI link to the tv instead of the gay scart which is all i wanted anyway!

ITV for sport and 4 for the gay programmes like Relocation Relocation im sorted .. if i were you chap id tlel em where to stick it